Proscan shutting down

kb3nun

Feed Provider
Running the latest version of proscan, with windows 10 ,no anti virus everything has been running great for over 2 years and the past 2 days at like 2:00 am to 3:00 am proscan just closes for no reason, So I got and restart proscan and all is good no issues, anyone have any ideas
Thank
Eddie/kb3nun

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Is your system rebooting? There are a couple of things I would do to troubleshoot. First is check your system's uptime. Next, you can launch something like Notepad to see if it's only ProScan that's impacted.

kb3nun

Feed Provider
Is your system rebooting? There are a couple of things I would do to troubleshoot. First is check your system's uptime. Next, you can launch something like Notepad to see if it's only ProScan that's impacted.
i do have proscan in the start up menu, so i am thinking that the computer is not shutting down, i mean this just started 2 days ago after years of service and this computer is just for the proscan, doesnt get used for anything else
Thanks Eddie
Kb3nun

belvdr

i do have proscan in the start up menu, so i am thinking that the computer is not shutting down, i mean this just started 2 days ago after years of service and this computer is just for the proscan, doesnt get used for anything else
Thanks Eddie
Kb3nun
Do my second test then. Start notepad and leave it running in the background. The next day, if both programs are gone, your computer rebooted (you can also tell from the link I shared). If only notepad is running, you know ProScan shutdown.

a417

what's the system uptime? It was asked earlier, and not answered.

I know you will say "It's in the start menu...", but there may be an issue that's preventing it from runnning on start-up - masking your issue. As you said "you restart proscan", and not "it's running like it should on reboot/restart" there may be more behind this.

Last edited:

kb3nun

Feed Provider
Do my second test then. Start notepad and leave it running in the background. The next day, if both programs are gone, your computer rebooted (you can also tell from the link I shared). If only notepad is running, you know ProScan shutdown.
Ok sorry it took so long, but the whole computer is rebooting, and what is odd is that is not everyday at the same time, it random times , sometimes at 2am ,230am a d sometimes not at all, any ideas

kb3nun

Feed Provider
what's the system uptime? It was asked earlier, and not answered.

I know you will say "It's in the start menu...", but there may be an issue that's preventing it from runnning on start-up - masking your issue. As you said "you restart proscan", and not "it's running like it should on reboot/restart" there may be more behind this.
Ok it did it again this morning at like 230am, and the whole computer is rebooting, I looked at the uptime in task manager, now what would b causing it, and this is a random thing, sometimes it does it other times it don't

belvdr

Ok it did it again this morning at like 230am, and the whole computer is rebooting, I looked at the uptime in task manager, now what would b causing it, and this is a random thing, sometimes it does it other times it don't
It's a bit lengthy, but Event Viewer will show you why.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
windows 10 ,no anti virus everything has been running great for over 2 years and the past 2 days at like 2:00 am to 3:00 am proscan just closes for no reason,
You should put something on there if the pc is connected to the web. Even Avg free is better than nothing.

i mean this just started 2 days ago after years of service and this computer is just for the proscan

If it just started 2 days ago, check your Windows update history (if pc is connected to the web) and see if any updates were done.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
it might be the automatic updates for windows giving you grief, turn the automatics update window function "off" ans see if that helps.

belvdr

You should put something on there if the pc is connected to the web. Even Avg free is better than nothing.
@ProScan always mentions to not use AVG. Here's one example:
I've never had a problem with Windows Defender.

kb3nun

Feed Provider
OK yes it was windows update, but i have some other errors there also i will post pic. later when i get home

belvdr

OK yes it was windows update, but i have some other errors there also i will post pic. later when i get home
There are always errors in Event Viewer. Send them over so we can take a look. Most likely nothing to worry about.

kb3nun

Feed Provider
There are always errors in Event Viewer. Send them over so we can take a look. Most likely nothing to worry about.
And I don't understand the com port errors either, there is nothing on a com port, and the kernel errors have me worried

Attachments

• 20231011_125956.jpg
    20231011_125956.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 15