Proscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIMEY1

My 536 will never connect. But my 15 x runs on windows 7 or Xp all day, month, year with not problem. PROSCAN software

LIMEY1

My 536 will never connect, But my 15x works on windows 7 and XP ALL the time monitor 15x for 5 months no disconnects. Worked with Bob he tried but no CONNECTED on either computer also 436 will not connect

Reconrider

When you plug the scanner in, make sure it's turned on first.
Then make sure you click either the serial port or mass storage.

cg

Premium Subscriber
What are you trying to do? Log and monitor or program?
Are you using Uniden WIFI dongle or data and audio cables?

chris

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My 536 will never connect, But my 15x works on windows 7 and XP ALL the time monitor 15x for 5 months no disconnects. Worked with Bob he tried but no CONNECTED on either computer also 436 will not connect
Did you install the serial driver for the 536HP? When you plug the programming cable into the PC & the scanner, and select "Mass Storage Mode", the PC "sees" the scanner as an external USB drive. But connecting to ProScan for logging requires the scanner to be in Serial mode, and the correct driver installed so that the PC can recognize the scanner as a serial device. A link to download the driver is here.

Installation instructions, as well as the link to the driver can be found on this page. (The page is titled for the 325P2, but the same serial driver is used for all the P2, x36HP, and SDS series scanners.)

With the correct driver installed, the scanner in Serial mode and connected to the PC with the programming cable, the Uniden Serial Port should show up in the device manager.
1618686001829.png

In ProScan, hit the Comm Port menu link at the top of the page. That will open a window where you can select "Auto Detect" which will show the available ports on your PC.
1618686175470.png
In this case, my 536HP is connected to the PC (and ProScan) via Serial Port 4. Remember that if you use a different USB port on the cable, instead of the one you first used, the PC will usually assign a different port number. Right now, using a front panel USB port, my 536HP is using Comm Port 4. But if I disconnected from that port, then plugged the cable, instead, into one of the ports on the back of my desktop PC, the port number almost always will be a different number.

TexTAC

Premium Subscriber
I am about to download proscan to a windows 10 laptop for an SDS100. Do I download version 17.6 or 17.0? Thanks.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
What is the name of the file in ProScan that would possibly tell me how/why ProScan just shuts down? Bang and it closes/stops/quits. The couple other programs never shutdown. I can restart ProScan 17.6.3 as usual and it never tells me why it just shutdown. Windows 10 and a reasonably new HP PC with lots of memory.

Thanks
Ben

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Uniden 996P2 Alert Light with ProScan.
I like how Proscan mimics the Alert Light of the 996P2. However, I feel the BLUE is a little too dark on both the 996P2 and Proscan. Nothing can be done about the 996P2, but it would be nice if the blue was a couple of shades lighter in ProScan.

lu81fitter

Title says "Proscan", not sure if this post goes here, but here goes.... I recently got a 436HP. I thought I could just transfer programming over from my 996P2, but I've tried numerous different times, and nothing seems to work. When I put the programming in the 436 from the 996, it listed all service types as "Custom 1". I could care less what service type it is, it's my own custom programming. But anyway, that service type was enabled, but gave me the "Nothing to scan" notice. Made sure the "monitor" and "download" things were enabled. Is the programming for the database scanners TOTALLY dependent on downloads directly from Radio Reference to get the proper info? Am I missing something?

HP. I thought I could just transfer programming over from my 996P2, but I've tried numerous different times,
The programming for the 2 scanners is different and not compatible.

You need to program them separately.

Some scanners can use the same files but not these 2 models.

lu81fitter

UGGHH! Looks like a long a programming process. I like to customize my alpha tags/systems/groups. Looks like I'll be spending many, many hours in front of my computer. Maybe a poor choice of radio on my part. But, I guess once it's done, I can transfer it to others. (As long as someone or some company doesn't decide to switch things up again.)

Status
Not open for further replies.