PSR-500/600 1.2 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhelmet13

Found a bug - dang it! It has issues with trying to handle a VHF P25 system using Mutipackets - No CC dump unless Supertrack is turned off and then it shows a whole bunch of CRC errors.

Knowing the good folks at GRE, they will have it fixed soon. Othewise everything else is great.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
redhelmet13 said:
Found a bug - dang it! It has issues with trying to handle a VHF P25 system using Mutipackets - No CC dump unless Supertrack is turned off and then it shows a whole bunch of CRC errors.

Knowing the good folks at GRE, they will have it fixed soon. Othewise everything else is great.
Try using the attenuator,But i suppose you may have already

gregmoss

Wow! Gre's on the ball.

With all of these latest firmware fixes and improvements, one can only say. Good job gre corp. I didn't see this much firmware fixes nor improvements with unidens bcd996t or bcd396t. I'll be getting my PSR500 and PRS600 soon :>)

kikito

Premium Subscriber
redhelmet13 said:

You still haven't specified which system is this. It's working fine on our P25 VHF system that uses one of Motorola's latest infrastructure software versions (7.X).

Perhaps GRE might need to check on your specific system to see what's new or different.....

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Excellent! All I can say is great job GRE. I'm ready to buy another one.

This fix seems a bit confusing;

- Changed default "EndtoneMot" value from 250 to 80. The value 80 is used
to correct squelch tails at the end of voice transmissions on narrowband
EDACS systems

It refers to "EndtoneMot" but addresses an EDACS narrowband issue. Is this correct? This would seem like a Mot system parameter.

Russell

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
kikito said:
You still haven't specified which system is this. It's working fine on our P25 VHF system that uses one of Motorola's latest infrastructure software versions (7.X).

Perhaps GRE might need to check on your specific system to see what's new or different.....

I assume this is Parker County, TX new VHF P25 system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5636

Russell

kikito

Premium Subscriber
The new Lockout FIND feature is really nice to preview what's lockout without having to scroll through every object to find them or without needing software to do it.

SCPD

QRT
Russell said:
Excellent! All I can say is great job GRE. I'm ready to buy another one.

This fix seems a bit confusing;

- Changed default "EndtoneMot" value from 250 to 80. The value 80 is used
to correct squelch tails at the end of voice transmissions on narrowband
EDACS systems

It refers to "EndtoneMot" but addresses an EDACS narrowband issue. Is this correct? This would seem like a Mot system parameter.

Russell

It is my belief that they did not want to add a new menu item which would force developers to upgrade the PC software. Maybe even a larger issue with adding a new (separate) menu item could make previously saved V-Scanners and files require updating (load-set-save). The values are not in conflict so I do not think anyone will have a problem. In any case the defaults are only applied if you do a 0-2-ENT (Globs only) or 0-1-ENT (all radio) initialization. It is my understanding that they found the value of 80 to work better so you may want to try changing that one value. Then again you know how the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" :)

hoser147

stlouisx50 said:
This will be my first software update , I am a bit unsure how to do it but, I guess It will tell me on their site?

It is actually a Firmware update and you will need to update your software afterwards. The directions are on the GRE site. CPU first and then DSP. Its not to bad and worth the effort. Hoser

Tom_G

Nice Upgrade on the PSR-500

I've been monitoring for several hours today.
This CPU/DSP upgrade is working very well.

The end tone fix is definately noticable to me and there is no squech tail that I can hear.
When the carrier drops the radio is silent.
No squelch tail, not a trace of an EDACS beeps, nothing.... Very well done.

The CT State Police Digital system sounds as smooth as Silk.....
What a great radio this is......

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hey folks,

These updates brought to life
1. a 796.759375 freq which I've had in scanlist 1 for a couple of weeks. Found it during a search, but never had a hit after programming until restarting the scanner after these upgrades. Now it wont shut up. Think it's the Sheriff's dept in Chesapeake by the info they discuss.

2. VA STARS VHF P25 multi packet appears to be fixed. (so far)

Last edited:

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
pogbobo said:
thats a nice list of fixes ... wish i had a 500 :( lol

I too, am interested. My 396T has served me well. But, so, anyway, I nosed around the GRE url and downloaded the .pdf v1.01 manual.

I read the v1.2 news release. But I eagerly await the v1.2 user manual .pdf that SHOULD have been released concurrently, imho.

Like I really NEED another scanner!?? The kids can go to community college. ;)

Back to the book.

Best,

Andy
Scannist

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
fmon said:
Hey folks,

These updates brought to life
1. a 796.759375 freq which I've had in scanlist 1 for a couple of weeks. Found it during a search, but never had a hit after programming until restarting the scanner after these upgrades. Now it wont shut up. Think it's the Sheriff's dept in Chesapeake by the info they discuss.

Ah ha, this turns out to be front end bleed over. Why it suddenly started working is beyond me, but setting a 785D to scan Chesapeake VA Sheriff dept talkgroups would cause it to broadcast the same traffic at times. And the frequency used by the 785 during the match was always 867.0375. Conclusion, image.

Ah well, :lol: happy with STARS after upgrades.

SCPD

QRT
I'll add.... Don't be afraid to try it. You can not "brick" your radio if you mess up. Worst case you will just have to re-try the upgrade. Please note that the CPU and DSP updates are separate and have a slightly different procedure. The update programs will guide you step by step. Note your software versions before you upgrade by pressing the "3" key on the initial "welcome" message. If for some reason you do not like the upgrade, you can always go back. The previous versions are also on greamerica.com

hoser147 said:
It is actually a Firmware update and you will need to update your software afterwards. The directions are on the GRE site. CPU first and then DSP. Its not to bad and worth the effort. Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.