Psr-500 "heap Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrr2145

Well, this is kinda scary. I loaded a VS file and it seems to have locked up the scanner. Every time I push a button (either from the panel or from Win500), I get a "Heap Error" message and the scanner locks up. Sometimes it will respond to cycling the power, however what is scary is I cannot manage VS files or upload/download to the scanner. The error message comes up and the scanner is locked up.

The data was obtained from RR, I would not think it was corrupted.

Did a search here, someone had a similar problem in the past but just reloaded the VS file. I tried to reload the P500 file, but Win500 says it is not recognized as a P500 compatible file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

DonS

Is the data also in one of the radio's V-Scanner folders? If so, press 0 then 1 on the scanner after turning it on, while the "welcome message" is displayed. Then use Win500 to retrieve the V-Scanner folder from the radio. Save it as a new P500 file and try uploading to the radio. If that still fails, email me the new P500 file and I'll take a look.

In case you're the user who sent me an email at about the same time as your above post - the P500 file you attached to that email is corrupted.

troymail

Silent Key
I've seen this in the past - and yeah, it is kinda scary when you first see it.

It makes one thing pretty clear -- just like any other device you may have with disk or memory -- BACKUPs are REALLY important. Folks probably haven't thought too much about that in the scanner world but given the amount of data we store on these things these days, BACKUPS are really important!

rfrr2145

Thanks Don: I reset as you advised and got back in business. The file was indeed corrupted.

I also learned my lesson about backing up often under different files names. I must spent several hours manually entering alpha tags, oh well live and learn.

BTW, Win500 rocks!

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.