PSR 500 Programming Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggiedog

I have a PSR-500 that has worked very well in monitoring a Motorola Hybrid system. I have used the Moto 800/900 setting. This system has just converting to P-25. The other day I switched system type to P-25 auto just to see if there was any traffic yet. I later switched it back to the original Moto 800/900 setting. However since doing so I have encountered a problem. The radio tracks and stops on active talkgroups, but there is no audio. I also note that when it stops on a talkgroup, there is no frequency displayed as before. There are several other systems programmed into the radio that still works fine. I fear I just did something stupid along the way, but can't figure out what.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PSR-500

I wouldn't just change the system type in the programming, then change it back and expect everything to repopulate. The P25 systems are largely "automatic" meaning that they acquire "settings" they need from the control channel signal received. That's not the case for most MOT II systems.

If you want to restore the system as MOT II you'll need to either reprogram your scanner from your backup (file on your PC?) or edit the TSYS object with pertinent data for the system. You can get that from the DB here on RR.

Maggiedog

Thank you. I was hoping that this might be a quick fix, but what you describe makes sense. Actually the system may be totally P-25 by end of week, so I may just wait.

Thanks again !

usswood

your Mot II system probably has a custom table that was deleted when you switched it to P25 Auto... just check the last setting when you go back to 800/900 and make sure the custom table is added back!

Status
Not open for further replies.