PSR 500 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevingemmell

Is there anyone in the K-W area that can help me program my scanner. I am getting very confused.

kevingemmell

I have Win 500 downloaded on my computer, but everytime I going to import a system I get an error that says One or more of the system's VHF/UHF frequencies don't match the programmed bandplan info. I am trying to upload Bell Fleetnet for zone1 in southern Ontario

mciupa

Database Admin
I have Win 500 downloaded on my computer, but everytime I going to import a system I get an error that says One or more of the system's VHF/UHF frequencies don't match the programmed bandplan info. I am trying to upload Bell Fleetnet for zone1 in southern Ontario

That's because of the American 12.5 KHz default. The scanner wants to convert your entry to match.

I think your 500 has a Flex Step option that will get around this problem, have a look here:

Flex Step:
"Super Expert Setting Menu". PGM, FUNC F3:GLOB Scroll down to "flexStep" and Rt-Arrow it to "On" F1:Save.
You will need to modify it to 5 KHz step from 12.5.

FlexStep allows entry of frequencies that are a multiple of 1250 Hz except in the civil air band 108-136

where the step size is fixed at 8.333 kHz.

mobile1

Go to the Extended Settings tab and click on box to allow 5 KHz steps 138-174 MHz. Someone out in Ontario like Mike Oxlong can be the most helpful if you ask them.

kevingemmell

I changed flexstep "on" and clicked allow 5 KHZ steps but still got the same error message. I noticed in the Expert menu that I can change the bandplan from USA to Canada is that maybe my problem

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Correct. You no longer need to use the FlexStep option (you can leave it off) and just set the Bandplan to 'Canada'. That should hopefully do the trick for you.

kevingemmell

Ok I changed FlexStep back to "off" and changed the Bandplan to Canada. But when I'm on Web Import setting and enter my settings and hit OK I get the following message:

One or more of the system's VHF/UHF frequencies don't match the programmed
bandplan information. This can be due to:
* the bandplan info in the RadioReference database is incomplete,
* the bandplan or frequency data in the database is inaccurate, or
* you have selected multiple sites that use conflicting bandplans.
You may need to review the programmed 'Trunking Tables' for this TSYS, or
obtain additional or more accurate trunking table information, before this
system can be tracked correctly.

mciupa

Database Admin
Okay, so the step size is changed, now you must have these band plans entered to trunktrack VHF properly:

Base - Spacing - Offset
141.0150 - 15.0 - 380
151.7300 - 15.0 - 579
154.3200 - 15.0 - 632

were these entered before?

kevingemmell

those are the band plans that are showing on the Win 500 truck system window that was imported from RR website

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just so I'm clear... is Win500 giving you this error when you try to import the system or when you try to program the radio?

For comparison you could download a trial of PSREdit and see how it behaves.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Great! Glad you got it working. I'm not sure what Win500 is choking on. I'll download it tomorrow and have a look.

kevingemmell

OK when I uploaded some conv. Channels. I lost all trunked channels and tried to upload trunked channel again but know i'm not picking up any trunked channels.

kevingemmell

I got fleetnet back on scanner now and will try uploading some CONV channels. Thanks for your help so far.

scnnr

I tried to make a file with win 500 and get the same error.. However I just clicked on ok and when I checked to see if anything got downloaded into the scan list all that I checked off was there. When I checked to see if the system frequencies I checked off got uploaded they did. When I looked at the Trunking tables I see that it only uploaded the table in red. Not the other 2.
Base - Spacing - Offset
141.0150 - 15.0 - 380
151.7300 - 15.0 - 579
154.3200 - 15.0 - 632

Are the other 2 tables needed? If they are they can always be added in manually later on.

I have the Canadian version PSR - 500 and have the allow 5KHz steps checked off.

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
Base - Spacing - Offset
151.7300 - 15.0 - 579

Are the other .. tables needed? If they are they can always be added in manually later on.

At least the second one is. In Zone 1 for Mowat(Toronto) and in Zone 2 for Van Kleek Hill. Both of those sites have 152.000 for voice channels.

scnnr

At least the second one is. In Zone 1 for Mowat(Toronto) and in Zone 2 for Van Kleek Hill. Both of those sites have 152.000 for voice channels.

Funny I used Win 500 and chose just the Mowat tower alone and then all the opp tgs for the Toronto area. clicked import and that message box pops up. Ignore it and click on ok. Click done and went to check the system slot that I put it in all the TG's I checked off are there. However when I checked to see what frequencies and the table that Win 500 downloaded for me it was this set up

142.680 Alternate
142.905 CC

Table
154.3200 - 15.0 - 632

Status
Not open for further replies.