PSR 800-2 More questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So I guess the way to have the back light on infinitely is to go the the LModeBAT option and press normal, and then just don't put a LiteTime?

And is there a way to get both the Voice Channel/CC and RID when scanning a TRS?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Yes and only get 4 hours using backlight on batteries. and yes to question 2 advanced display then turn on RID. You need to install the software it is a lot easer to setup with software and then make small changes with front display plus your lib database if you have not updated it with a computer is way out of date. Its all there in the manual and is a lot easer to read than most scanner manuals.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for both of those. Even with the software I have Radio ID and VC/CC selected but somehow my radio just displays either the RID on the bottom line when that is selected, or the VC/CC info when RID is not selected.

As a third question...does anyone know how to enhance P-25 performance on the PSR 800? Now, don't get me wrong, it picks up P-25 signals on the 800 band that my 396xt can't touch. It has opened up a new world of listening to me as I sit on the cusp of a lot of systems to the west. However on a few T-band 500 local systems (One I think is just going to give me problems no matter what radio I have) I notice garbled transmissions on the PSR 800 on frequencies that my XT picks up just fine. I notice there is something called a Data Decode Threshold. Would that do the trick for me?

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for both of those. Even with the software I have Radio ID and VC/CC selected but somehow my radio just displays either the RID on the bottom line when that is selected, or the VC/CC info when RID is not selected......

I think there is a 'simple display' button that can be checked, may be you have it set for only the simple display?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I think there is a 'simple display' button that can be checked, may be you have it set for only the simple display?

Nope. I already checked. When you're in simple mode all you would get is the talkgroup name. Nice try though. I have to reconnect my radio with the computer anyways, so we'll see. I already have what I want set up in EZ Scan.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Battery Life

I'm getting 8 + hours using backlight at the lowest setting. Using Energizer 2300 mAh rechargeable.

I don't get close to that with 2650mAh NiMH batteries that I slow charge in a Maha charger. I have the back light set just under max though, I will try turning it down. I am wondering whether most of you program most of your frequencies in your scanlists to turn the back light on- you can of course choose LEAVE, ON or FLASH. For my busiest freqs and those I listn to most, I have takedn to LEAVE so the backlight doesn;t come on, but I know if it's flashing blue/yellow it's local PD, green/yellow it's local EMS, Red/Blue strobe it's NYPD ESU etc etc. That helps me do without t he backlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.