Question about Custom Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caddop22

Out of respect for the forum rules I am moving this question from the Trunking Forum, as it seems that my problem is becoming more about my scanner than a trunking issue.

I have a PRO-95 that I tried to set a Custom Table on (FUNC-2).
For whatever reason I cannot get the Step to change using the up/down keys.

I am using the following:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=376

Base Freq.
Offset: 380
Step: 00.0KHz (Can’t change this for some reason)

Can anyone please help figure out why I can’t change the Step? I have the bank set to MO and Normal.

Also is it possible to clear it all back to zero’s and start over. I see nothing in the manual about reverting back once you have set the table.

This is a link to the thread in the Trunking Forum up to this point
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45203

Caddop22

Thanks for the reply,

The link refers to setting up the Fleet Maps, but I am having trouble with the Custom Frequency Table.

Thanks again,
K

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I have not had a 95 in my hands for quite a while, but it seems that it programs the same (in this regard) as my 96. The only way to change the Base/Offset/Step is the way you describe. I followed your posts in the other forum and are as mystified as Frank as to the "error beep". The only thing I can think is a small glitch. There is no way of resetting just that table (from the radio of course) and I am not sure you want to reset the entire radio to solve this problem. I might suggest that you get hold of a programming cable and download the free software from Starrsoft.com and then save everything you have programmed. You can also use it to set the table from the software and then upload to the scanner. Other than that, I fear only a complete reset of the radio will solve the problem. :confused:

jeffrey420

Caddop22 said:
Thanks for the reply,

The link refers to setting up the Fleet Maps, but I am having trouble with the Custom Frequency Table.

Thanks again,
K

Sorry..... my error.

Caddop22

loumaag,

I agree that it must be a glitch of some sort.

I have the win95 software for the scanner, but like most I wanted to learn to program this thing manually.

I guess I will get the cable and try that.

I appreciate all the help with this issue, it has been driving me CRAZY!!!

jeff,

Not a problem, thanks for the input.

Again thanks to all,
K

robbinsj2

To reset the table, try changing the trunk type programming in that bank from Motorola to EDACS or conventional, then change it back to Motorola after exiting that menu and scanning briefly. It may or may not work, but worth a try before resetting the whole thing.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.