question about King County / Seattle Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
I live just south of federal way and have programmed the system form the database.. I get traffic on the Kingcouny/Valleycom, ESPCA simulcast, Mcdonald Mountain, Grass Mountain systems... and have all the talk groups that i want programmed. My question is do I need ALL of the towers programmed or just 1 or two... because it seems to take a while for it to scan through...

SCPD

QRT
I live just south of federal way and have programmed the system form the database.. I get traffic on the Kingcouny/Valleycom, ESPCA simulcast, Mcdonald Mountain, Grass Mountain systems... and have all the talk groups that i want programmed. My question is do I need ALL of the towers programmed or just 1 or two... because it seems to take a while for it to scan through...

You just need the site that is closest to you. The primary KC site is just fine -- so 851.8125 is the CC.

Last edited:

rodentkj

Feed Provider
Note, their are some talk groups that are exclusive to a specific site. Meaning they are not simulcast to other sites.

An example that comes to mind is the Admin talk groups that the fire departments use for general chat and or training. Generally speaking you will only hear them on one specific site.

The exception to this is if a radio, for one of many reasons, happens to associate to another site. Then you will hear the talk group on both sites but still not simulcast across all sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.