Questions on Telepath Corporation database entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I'd say around October from Menlo Park area?

If a site has neighbors listed in the site details section, it's been monitored with DSD or some other program. That's the only way that information can be obtained. So it was monitored.

I don't hear anything on it tonight. I've placed a note that the site is offline and removed neighbor info and FCC license data until we hear from it again.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I wanted to provide a quick site report...

Monitored Site 4 - Elk Grove:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=23162
...on Saturday 12/1 around 6PM. As you might imagine the system was pretty dead on a Saturday night. No talk groups monitored, but I did hear the control channel on 464.175.

I could monitor the system a couple of miles away from the site. I think the radius of the existing db entry is perfectly fine. The system is probably setup to support Apple's Elk Grove site, and isn't shared like some of the other sites in the Bay Area.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I wanted to provide a quick site report...

Monitored Site 4 - Elk Grove:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=23162

...on Saturday 12/1 around 6PM. As you might imagine the system was pretty dead on a Saturday night. No talk groups monitored, but I did hear the control channel on 464.175.

I could monitor the system a couple of miles away from the site. I think the radius of the existing db entry is perfectly fine. The system is probably setup to support Apple's Elk Grove site, and isn't shared like some of the other sites in the Bay Area.

That site is pretty dead in general, and 99% of the voice traffic is encrypted. There’s four active talk groups, three of which are encrypted, one is an emergency channel which is unencrypted and is only used when there’s an on-site emergency (usually medical aids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
That site is pretty dead in general, and 99% of the voice traffic is encrypted. There’s four active talk groups, three of which are encrypted, one is an emergency channel which is unencrypted and is only used when there’s an on-site emergency (usually medical aids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like what I hear at Apple Park (new HQ) and Infinite Loop (old HQ) in Cupertino. Security is typically encrypted. About one in ten or twenty security communications will be in the clear. And the on-site emergency is in the clear...

I am surprised at how little other traffic Apple puts out, no facilities or shipping or... Or maybe it is really intermittent.

I do have a bunch of recordings from Apple Park during the iPhone/Apple Watch release event. If someone would like to listen, I'll put them up on my cloud service. I did log some new TGIDs that were used for perimeter access/control (sounded like marketing/events and not security types) and theater access/control.

Status
Not open for further replies.