Quick Key listing - cheat sheet creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel

Anyone come up with a good way to create a cheat sheet?
Just used Excel or is there something better?

Print out so you have a quick reference on say a full set of Favorites and Quick Keys assignment for quick reference.

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
ARC536 will create a quick key listing. Sentinel should do the same thing.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if there is a way to do that with Sentinel, aside from doing it at the file (.hpe) level.
I'm old school; I created them manually. (Which is to say I used pen & paper and wrote them out.)

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
ARC536 creates a a listing and will then create an html file from that. I save the html file to the cloud and can open it in a web page on any of my PCs or phone.

K5mow

This is great information. I will check out my ARC536 next time I load it. I would love the make a print out of the keys.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if there is a way to do that with Sentinel, aside from doing it at the file (.hpe) level.
I'm old school; I created them manually. (Which is to say I used pen & paper and wrote them out.)
Using the Snipping Tool in Windows you can pick and arrange to a limited extent Sentinel information to do a screen area copy and then paste into an editor. Two examples included.
FavList.jpegDeptList.jpeg

WB9YBM

Sentinel

Anyone come up with a good way to create a cheat sheet?
Just used Excel or is there something better?

Print out so you have a quick reference on say a full set of Favorites and Quick Keys assignment for quick reference.

I've had good luck with the spreadsheet approach. Makes searching & sorting easy. Depending on how long the cheat sheet is, maybe it can get printed on those small business card blanks you can print up yourself and then just laminate it.

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
What I do is bring up the Sentinel Sort Favorite Lists menu, press Ctrl+A to select all of that data and paste into Excel. In Excel I sort it by Quick Key and then copy all of the data and paste it in columns beside the numerically sorted data and then sort it by Favorite List Name.

Here's a snippet of what the final product looks like:

1559016976344.png

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
d94066dcf46be8980be8ef16c0d7e852.jpg
This is what I made up to help keep me straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.