Quote message option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
I guess I am a moron, I have read and tried every thing on this site. Why can't I ,when writing a quick reply , get the quote message in reply to work?

JnglMassiv

jnglmassiv said:
Quotes are fun!

Here's how to do it:
[ quote="jnglmassiv" ]Quotes are fun![ /quote ]
only remove the spaces at the square brackets. Be sure to enclose the usersname in quotation marks.

Last edited:

morfis

Why not just use the 'quote' option? Am I missing something special about the 'quick reply' option?

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
Quote moron

Thanks to all for the help. I will work on it. For whatever reason I can't get the quick quote option to work. I'm computer dumb as I'm just getting into it ,been in radio for 30 years though.

morfis

xerb1962 said:
Thanks to all for the help. I will work on it. For whatever reason I can't get the quick quote option to work. I'm computer dumb as I'm just getting into it ,been in radio for 30 years though.

I just clicked on the 'quote' button and the message editor comes up with your text ready enclosed in the bracketed quote markup.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
morfis said:
I just clicked on the 'quote' button and the message editor comes up with your text ready enclosed in the bracketed quote markup.

Figured it out, Geez! to simple! THANKS

morfis

Glad you have it sussed

You have to remember to leave the final bracketed quote markup tag as well.
You can edit the text between the quotes if you only want to quote a part of the message and you can add extra bracketed quote markup if you need to split the text to reply to individual items.

Status
Not open for further replies.