radio id question

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia2006

Premium Subscriber
i know i brought up the non showing up of the radio ids on the psr 500 in a previous post, but it is kind of disapointing that the pro 107 picks up rdio id 99.99 % of time and the psr 500 hardly ever does when monitoring htfd ct edacs system. maybe software upgrade would help this. pro 107 i picked up for 179.00 and psr 500.00 . you would think the more advanced scanner would work better. maybe im not doing something correctly as for as programming.. i know someone had responded that the id is only detected at the very beginning of the transmission, but why can the pro 107 decode and psr 500 cannot.

sorry if im not explaining myself too clearly.

thnks in advance

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Have you checked with other listeners in your area? I monitor a EDACS system with my PSR500 and the radio ID is there almost all of the time.

SCPD

QRT
I really do feel that there is something else going on here .... it is how the radio is programmed.

I have confirmed that the PSR 500 does as well as an Edacs radio manufactured by GE/Macom/Harris or whatever you want to call them.

However if you look at it closely you will see that the radio will only get the radio info when it is able to get this information from the control channel in time.

I personally have compared the PSR500 with Etrunker (which gets the radio id virtually 100% of the time) and it does as well as the Edacs radio.

There are several factors that will determine how well your PSR500 does ... how the radio is setup for scanning, delay times and other factors will determine if the radio id information is obtained.

I would look at how your PSR is programmed.

You may also want to look if there are any updates on GRE's site for your radio.

But be sure to let us know how it works out ... as maybe I will be buying a 107. :p

SCPD

QRT
Just a little bit of information .... I just measured the PSR500 and I was getting a success rate of over 95%.

You will notice that the radio will not get the Radio Id if you are in mid-conversation when you are scanning. This is true for ANY edacs capable radio / scanner. The radio has to get the radio info from the control channel ... which you can see if you capture the control channel data from your PSR 500. I have done this in the past .. but sorry I forget how to view the control channel info. Maybe someone else can assist you here.

However, you can test whether the radio really is working properly. Just SIT on 1 talkgroup on PAUSE and note if the radio id is received. If you are not getting the radio id here .. then there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.