Radio shack 651 and 652 on ok P-25 and BA wireless system

Tulsey

Premium Subscriber
I turned on a couple of Radio Shack 651 and 652 scanners that had not been used in a long time and now they never stop on anything, I used to just clone them everytime there was a minor change. Now I have tried programming them with a computer and soft ware. Everything looks fine, but still nothing. It appears they should work for p-25 phase 1 which I think the OK and BA systems are. Any help from someone using them would be appreciated. Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
Many of the Broken Arrow system talkgroups are P25 Phase 2 which your scanner cannot decode. Also, there is a lot of encryption. T=Phase 2. Te=Phase 2 with partial encryption. TE=Phase 2 fully encrypted. D=Phase 1.

Broken Arrow

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
10003e8TeBroken Arrow PDPolice DispatchLaw Dispatch
20007d0TEBroken Arrow FDFire DispatchFire Dispatch
10213fdTENSU PoliceNSU Campus PoliceSchools

The Tulsa site is simulcast which may be giving you receive problems. If you attach your programming file, I will check it for errors. I have ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit500. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

Tulsey

Premium Subscriber
Many of the Broken Arrow system talkgroups are P25 Phase 2 which your scanner cannot decode. Also, there is a lot of encryption. T=Phase 2. Te=Phase 2 with partial encryption. TE=Phase 2 fully encrypted. D=Phase 1.

Broken Arrow

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
10003e8TeBroken Arrow PDPolice DispatchLaw Dispatch
20007d0TEBroken Arrow FDFire DispatchFire Dispatch
10213fdTENSU PoliceNSU Campus PoliceSchools

The Tulsa site is simulcast which may be giving you receive problems. If you attach your programming file, I will check it for errors. I have ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit500. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.
I tried something today using copies of the two system program. I did different versions with changing the multi option and one with programming all the channels for one site rather than the control only.
thanks to your explanation. with the mode. It has been a while since I read about how some scanners will not do the t modes. That helps a lot.
the scanner is now picking some things up. I ran out of time to find which version was working, but a good start now.
the past work with Unidens and two different
Whistler TRX radios is a whole lot different If I can't keep making progress I will take you up on your offer. Thanks Again.