Radio Shack Father's Day Sale???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulietAlphaKilo

Premium Subscriber
I was e-mailed, and noticed in my regular mail as well, the beginning of ads promoting the "Father's Day Sales" which have been synonymous with Radio Shack for as long as I can remember. Now, Father's Day is obviously a couple of weeks yet ahead, but I noticed sales prices on the Pro-164 for instance, but nothing, not even a budge in pricing, on the Pro-106/Pro-197's. I am simply wondering if and when should we begin to notice advertised sales on these particular items for Father's Day, and when, if at all, should one expect to witness an issuance of the fabled "F&F" Discounts?

shaft

They've been on sale a handful of times in the past 6-8 months. RS has put their top scanners on sale for Fathers Day for the past couple of years and with the FF discount you could get them for under $300.

Perhaps next week will be the big sale for the 106/197 since Fathers Day is the 21st.

wuzafuzz

I was e-mailed, and noticed in my regular mail as well, the beginning of ads promoting the "Father's Day Sales" which have been synonymous with Radio Shack for as long as I can remember. Now, Father's Day is obviously a couple of weeks yet ahead, but I noticed sales prices on the Pro-164 for instance, but nothing, not even a budge in pricing, on the Pro-106/Pro-197's. I am simply wondering if and when should we begin to notice advertised sales on these particular items for Father's Day, and when, if at all, should one expect to witness an issuance of the fabled "F&F" Discounts?

What is an F&F discount? Friends & Family?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I was e-mailed, and noticed in my regular mail as well, the beginning of ads promoting the "Father's Day Sales" which have been synonymous with Radio Shack for as long as I can remember.

They'll probably have a sale for a family pack of cell phones! :p

JulietAlphaKilo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input. It will definitely be interesting to see if they finally offer a nice sale again, because the last time they had the huge discounts was between Early November, and Christmas (the Holiday Season obviously) of 2008. Off and on they have had the $100 off as well, and others, but boy would it be nice to see an F&F again.

I just received a notice about Clearance Sales beginning today at Radio Shack (In-Store), so I will try and stop in and see what they say in regards to the Pro-106 and other scanners as well. If anyone else notices anything similar, be sure to give us a heads up!

nebadnez

I was at Radio Shack about three weeks ago and also saw the PRO-164 for $129.99, but I had not yet made up my mind. Two days later it was Monday and the price had jumped back up to $199.99! I inquired with an employee and he said, "oh yeah, this other scanner will be on sale next week and then the PRO-164 will be back on sale the week after that... they rotate like that." In reality the new "sale" price was $169.99 two weeks later when I purchased. I should have jumped on the $129.99 PRO 164!

SCPD

QRT
kc5elb has anyone that you may know that has a pro106 rate milcom in receiving good results ?

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have gotten WV Air Guard with my 106,and I suspect when I go to my sons home in MD I'll receive plenty of milair (which is what I'm looking forward to after seeing my grandchildren...)

Status
Not open for further replies.