Radio shack p197

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason74koch

Premium Subscriber
I am working on a radio shack p197. I’m trying to figure out how to program p25 channels. I know what the DEC is. But having trouble converting it to a frequency. Thanks

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
hex codes do not convert or relate to frequency. what kind of software are you using to program the scanner. p25 channels program the same as conventional channels do. p25 is a modulation type.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In a P25 trunked system, the frequencies go into a site or sites. The numbers in the DEC column are talkgroup ID's, also known as TGID's. They are not frequencies. In a conventional system, each channel has its own frequency. In a trunked system, all of the frequencies are shared by all of the users. A talkgroup in a trunked system is the equivalent of a frequency or channel in a conventional system. What is your location (city, county, state) and what programming software are you using?

jason74koch

Premium Subscriber
In a P25 trunked system, the frequencies go into a site or sites. The numbers in the DEC column are talkgroup ID's, also known as TGID's. They are not frequencies. In a conventional system, each channel has its own frequency. In a trunked system, all of the frequencies are shared by all of the users. A talkgroup in a trunked system is the equivalent of a frequency or channel in a conventional system. What is your location (city, county, state) and what programming software are you using?
I’m in Nebraska, North platte area. Trying to scan the State Patrol. I’m currently not using any software to program it. Recommend any software to use? Thanks

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I’m in Nebraska, North platte area. Trying to scan the State Patrol. I’m currently not using any software to program it. Recommend any software to use? Thanks

I use ARC500. On sale for $24.95 now

jason74koch

Premium Subscriber
I got the software downloaded and got the channels I wanted. I uploaded them to the scanner. Now how do I make the scan list active? Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
To toggle scan lists 1 thru 10 on and off, press 1 thru 0 on the keypad. To toggle lists 11-20, press the FUNC button first and then 1 thru 0.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The trunked system must be assigned to a scan list. When you toggle the scan list, you will turn the trunked system on and off. What trunked system are you trying to monitor? How far are you from Sutherland? There are sites at both North Platte and Sutherland in Lincoln Co.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Talkgroups must be assigned to a scan list. You will not be able to assign trunked systems to a scan list as they are independent of scan lists and are automatically turned on and off based on the talkgroups in the active scan lists. This allows you to breakup and assign talkgroups to different scan lists without having to reprogram the same system multiple times.

jason74koch

Premium Subscriber
The trunked system must be assigned to a scan list. When you toggle the scan list, you will turn the trunked system on and off. What trunked system are you trying to monitor? How far are you from Sutherland? There are sites at both North Platte and Sutherland in Lincoln Co.
I’m trying to monitor the state patrol. It’s a p25. I’m Hour south of north platte. Thanks

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
if you read the instruction manuals or help files for the programing software and scanner you may just learn a few things, not everything is on you tube.

tvengr

Well Known Member
For each talkgroup, click on the Scan List column and type 1 thru 0 for scan lists 1 thru 10 and the letters q thru p for scan lists 11 thru 20. Double click on the Trunk System column and select the name of the trunk system.

Status
Not open for further replies.