Radio System Basics Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Pretty good. You will still get some going huh? Surprised it didn't mention use of simplex traveling to another state or county. In another post many I assume non ps users were saying it may cause interferrence. As long as I I recall I never seen a issue with a ps out west rolling around using simplex on ones own home conventional or 7/800 fail safe frequency. But possible. Surprised it didn't cover that use though I doubt it's noticed by most and hasn't been issue yet. I was guilty of that in past along with many others I knew it they didn't know but said heck with it. When the vlaw and vlaw32 were developed many tried to roam using that across the state into another finding one state may use it heavily and cause congestion to non priority chatter. When the list of v and uhf tacs etc came out some just go to those. In Katrina like situations they would monitor parked on a specific uhf tac or vtac and have the home channel conv simplex in using that for localized direct. Indeed it may cause issues if another user has that frequency but no lt aware of any issue. But like I said surprised that wasn't brought up Regarding simplex use of home channel in another's territory where the license may not allow or Cover. Since no harms been done I never had a issue of it back then and don't really care to think of it now but I know it's a risk of fines if fcc happens to roll around which most laugh anymore at that.

NGSLA

Premium Subscriber
Original message. >>>Radio 101 for ESF 2

This video does a fairly good job at describing the types of radio systems and how they work. Understanding the material presented is key to understanding how to program any scanner. <<<

Is this video on youtub somewhere? My computer cant play WMV.

Last edited:

davel3083

need help deciding on unit for my area

I am all new to this and please forgive me if I am intruding or not following the rules here. My main question is trying to find the correct scanner that will pick up everything in my area, Licking County Ohio, I have read so much stuff about conventional, Digital, Marcs, trunking systems and am totally lost on buying, just looking for any help I can get.. Thank You..

acecducec

Feed Provider
Wow that was strange the video downloads a 90meg file. I was able to watch it but it was sideways so i went to display and rotated the screen so the words on the video were upright. Moving mouse on portrait(flipped) screen is a little strange. lol interesting none the less

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
As this video appears to no longer be available I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.