I want to use OP25 to stream an Ohio MARCS simulcast system and free-up one of my SDS scanners. I have a few questions:
1. Is the decode of the simulcast comparable to a Uniden SDS scanner?
At least as good as an SDS. At a point in the past, it was the only thing short of a commercial radio that would handle LSM. It does it without a hiccup.
2. I have a Raspberry Pi 2B. Will this be sufficient?
It should be since you are only running OP25. If you were wanting to run Trunk Recorder, forget about it.
3. Do I need two SDR sticks?
4. Can I set up a scan list and stream alpha tags as well?
Scanlist, yes. Alpha tags? No idea.
5. Is there a comprehensive guide to setting these up?
There are instructions for installing OP25 in various threads on RR. But I dont' know about a comprehensive guide to do everything you want, from A-Z, beginning to end.
I predict you'll either give up or not even try. But I'm hoping you do try. It is rewarding to get it working. I'm sure there will be stumbling along the way, but ask questions.
Here are instructions for @boatbod
fork: op25 raspberry pi3 install help
Here are some instructions for max branch: RPi 3 & RTL-SDR/OP25?
-- various instructions from KA1RBI on the first page. You should read through the first page or two a couple of times before starting.