RC Airplane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtriever

Premium Subscriber
A good place to start would be at RCGroups.com. Buncha fine folks with a wealth of info. Being a heli guy myself, I don't really keep up with the planks....

LtDoc

Just something to check...
My town doesn't allow internal combustion engines for model planes/boats/vehicles in the city limits. Lawn mowers, weed whackers, etc, are okay, but no R/C model stuff. Checking your local regulations would be a good idea.
- 'Doc

(Considering that small engines hate me, I like electric motors anyway.)

K9WG

Just something to check...
My town doesn't allow internal combustion engines for model planes/boats/vehicles in the city limits. Lawn mowers, weed whackers, etc, are okay, but no R/C model stuff. Checking your local regulations would be a good idea.
- 'Doc

(Considering that small engines hate me, I like electric motors anyway.)
Doc

Thanks for the recommendation however I already know the local ordinances regarding RC aircraft and the only prohibitions is in city parks.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Check out a flight simulator called FMS. I can't remember how much I paid for mine, but it will give you a taste of what it's like to fly an RC plane or helicopter. Mine came with a 4-Channel "radio" with a USB cable, which really makes for a realistic experience.

I used to TRY to fly real RC planes/helicopters, but crashed way too much to be able to afford it, so I sold off all of my stuff. I found the FMS simulator and was able to hone my skills enough to warrant looking into buying another plane - a SLOW one...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.