RCS NextGen testing thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
For reference, the talkgroup HEX numbers did not change...it's only the decimal numbers that scanners like to be programmed with that change. If you view the talkgropups as HEX on your scanner, they will be the same as the old ones.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Monitoring the NGRCS with Unitrunker and have seen activity on:

Vista and Poway Unified Schools Transportation
Medical Examiner
County Call
County Tac 1
USD Dispatch

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
USD PD is running an assault call, medics dispatched on a stand back. I locked them in on the RCS< but was not hearing anything. I locked them in on Nextgen, and they are talking. This is worrrisome, if it means that when an agency switches over to NextGen on their assigned day and time, that the old RCS talkgroup may immidietly go silent. :(

Paul

W6KRU

Anyone have a SWAG at the user of TG 2205 which has popped up a few times in E mode? 2205 would have been 35280 on the current RCS which isn't listed in the DB. I would guess coroner since they are supposed to be using NG but just a WAG.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a SWAG at the user of TG 2205 which has popped up a few times in E mode? 2205 would have been 35280 on the current RCS which isn't listed in the DB. I would guess coroner since they are supposed to be using NG but just a WAG.

Radio techs. It was in the clear last week, but went encrypted this week. ID’ed over the air as WSD 3.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
USD PD is running an assault call, medics dispatched on a stand back. I locked them in on the RCS< but was not hearing anything. I locked them in on Nextgen, and they are talking. This is worrrisome, if it means that when an agency switches over to NextGen on their assigned day and time, that the old RCS talkgroup may immidietly go silent. :(

Paul

Actually, that is by design. Why do you consider that to be worrisome?
USD's interoperability is with the City of San Diego. Other RCS agencies such as ME have common TGs available to interoperate with agencies still on the old system.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Actually, that is by design. Why do you consider that to be worrisome?
USD's interoperability is with the City of San Diego. Other RCS agencies such as ME have common TGs available to interoperate with agencies still on the old system.

I understand there may be some need to canabilize the old system as capacity is transfered to the new system...was sort of hoping there would be more "everything available on everything" for a while at least. Worrisome to me, because there may be the possibility of north county agencies migrating to the NextGen, and then unavailable to monitor on old RCS North from my base/remote scanner location (and curently unintelligible on my 996's). I've taken the steps to dual program all of our new SDS scanners, so that the old and NextGen sites share QK's and FL's, so that to users, when an agency migrates, they will continue to be received without any user action being necessary.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
At the current time, all current "North Zone" agencies will operate in both the North and West NextGen simulcast cells.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Thank you Don. :)

Hoping Fire CC and Law CC will not be playing musical sites after the migration.

Paul

At the current time, all current "North Zone" agencies will operate in both the North and West NextGen simulcast cells.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Heard Vista USD using Phase 2 today, while others were in Phase 1. Sounds good!

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I have noticed, watching NG RCS using Unitrunker, one frequency handing traffic for 2 talk groups at the same time.
Don, I was wondering, are the mobile units using the the NG RCS frequencies, or are the talk groups being patch to the NG system?

W6KRU

I have noticed, watching NG RCS using Unitrunker, one frequency handing traffic for 2 talk groups at the same time.
Don, I was wondering, are the mobile units using the the NG RCS frequencies, or are the talk groups being patch to the NG system?

NG is P25 Phase II which uses 2 slots per frequency. This is shown on the bottom line of your X36.

W6KRU

Is anyone else using their SDS in ID Search mode to monitor RCS NG. I just noticed my SDS100 was flashing a Poway SD TG number with no audio. I turned on my WS1080 and Poway was chatting up a storm without a peep from my SDS. When a VUSD TG (which I have programmed) goes active, both scanners are in sync. I'm not sure what is going on yet, but every time a Poway TG goes active, I only hear it from my WS1080. The SDS is showing ID Search mode and displays the Poway TG number for a second.

ETA: The first thing I tried was turning off the filters and it was no help.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else using their SDS in ID Search mode to monitor RCS NG. I just noticed my SDS100 was flashing a Poway SD TG number with no audio. I turned on my WS1080 and Poway was chatting up a storm without a peep from my SDS. When a VUSD TG (which I have programmed) goes active, both scanners are in sync. I'm not sure what is going on yet, but every time a Poway TG goes active, I only hear it from my WS1080. The SDS is showing ID Search mode and displays the Poway TG number for a second.

ETA: The first thing I tried was turning off the filters and it was no help.

Yes, I’m listening in ID Search mode. This has happened to me a couple of times on the SDS200. I just figured it was a random keyup. I will plug in the TRX-2 and let you know what I hear.

W6KRU

Yes, I’m listening in ID Search mode. This has happened to me a couple of times on the SDS200. I just figured it was a random keyup. I will plug in the TRX-2 and let you know what I hear.

When things get busy tomorrow morning, I am going to compare my SDS to my 436 and see what happens.

W6KRU

I added the 436 to the testing this morning. I think my problem is simulcast. I'm now trying to find a filter that alleviates the problem with some success. The WS1080 seems to have the least problems with simulcast but it is location dependent.