Realtime Los Angeles 911 Call Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for something like this for a while, and since IPN seems to be updated at will, I decided to bust out my rusty software developer skills and create an automated LAFD call console of my own.

https://cad.jfm.so/

Combines many sources of already accessible data, including CHP, matches the multiple data sources together, and adds in some advanced notification features, along with additional user contributions.

Was wondering if anyone had feedback, or would be willing to contribute additional information to Realtime incidents.

Some worthwhile incident examples:

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
This is very nice, contratulations!

I've been looking for something like this for a while, and since IPN seems to be updated at will, I decided to bust out my rusty software developer skills and create an automated LAFD call console of my own.

https://cad.jfm.so/

Combines many sources of already accessible data, including CHP, matches the multiple data sources together, and adds in some advanced notification features, along with additional user contributions.

Was wondering if anyone had feedback, or would be willing to contribute additional information to Realtime incidents.

Some worthwhile incident examples:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Noticed its missing LAFD medical calls.

Also if you look at the incident map it shows San Bernardino calls, yet shows LAFD units assigned (example LAFD Truck-2 to a call in Corona)

Engine104

Member since 2005

Also if you look at the incident map it shows San Bernardino calls, yet shows LAFD units assigned (example LAFD Truck-2 to a call in Corona)

LAFD would not be assigned to a call in Corona..

PulsePoint doesn't list EMS calls either for LAFD. It is dependent on what information the agency sends out. I assume the OP's webpage is getting the same data. LAFD used to do that. I'm not sure why they stopped.

Most medical calls are excluded. Generally the only medical included, are police calls such as assaults. Inland Empire is still in beta and that's why it's not listed anywhere accessible unless you dive into through the maps.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
I'd suggest having two originating numbers -- "priority" and "normal" -- and allowing the user to set which number is used for each category. In silent mode, the user could choose to let through only the "priority" number and/or use a different ring tone.

As of right now all tele notifications should be treated as priority. Mainly, it’d just be hard and cost prohibitive to cater the tele notifications to standard incidents.

There are other options such as the Slack notifications that offer a bit more customization and useful for non immediate priority.

f40ph

Feed Provider
PulsePoint doesn't list EMS calls either for LAFD. It is dependent on what information the agency sends out. I assume the OP's webpage is getting the same data. LAFD used to do that. I'm not sure why they stopped.
A little background - Pulse Point promised not to show private residences with Medical Aids to protect privacy. Pulse Point managed to strip out the address but didn't change the fact that their map pin-drop was still plotted on the exact residence. Many agencies decided to pull the plug on medical calls rather than deal with complaints at city council meetings.

Engine104

Member since 2005
A little background - Pulse Point promised not to show private residences with Medical Aids to protect privacy. Pulse Point managed to strip out the address but didn't change the fact that their map pin-drop was still plotted on the exact residence. Many agencies decided to pull the plug on medical calls rather than deal with complaints at city council meetings.
Thanks for the explanation.. I remember once, before LAFD pulled the plug on EMS calls ("Interfacility Transfers" still show up for some reason), I noticed an EMS run with the address of my elderly mom's board and care home listed. I knew if something was up, they would have called me, but it was still a little unnerving.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
This is amazing! Any chance you're working on the same for LA County Fire?

m16clubs

Wow! Really great work man. While although I don't monitor very many LA incidents being in Ventura County, I would love to see how you could add other counties into the mix as well as this is a great addition.

Just need to add LACOFD text alerts to the system. :) As of right now looks like even as a paid subscriber only LAFD comes through on text.

Coming soon ™

LACoFD categorizes their incidents differently than LAFD so there's a bit of restructuring work there for sure. Hopefully within the upcoming weeks. Slack push notifications will come first. Any incident types that are important for you to be notified about?

Status
Not open for further replies.