Review of the FDM-S2 SDR receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiftyPotts

Regarding #2 above, if you're referring to the direction of the mouse wheel relative to the tuning direction, then this can easily be reversed in the Perseus software settings by clicking the blue Perseus symbol in the upper left corner of the window. Change the setting "Reverse Mouse Wheel" from 0 to 1, or vice-versa depending on your preference.

Thanks for this good info. Every good program should let you define scrolling direction, but not many do.

Bob

Can anyone help me with installing the drivers for this thing because I'm ready to plow my fist right through this computer! I've got a brand new windows 8.1 computer 64bit. My gf & I have followed the instructions step by step but can't get the thing to connect. All I'm given the option to do is run it offline. It says that it has the version 3.0 but the instructions are all for version 2.5 if that helps. I'm waiting for an email back from elad who's also been helpful in this matter. Thought this was easy... LOL

wrex

Premium Subscriber
I followed these directions from the Yahoo Group. I am using Windows 8.1 and all is well.

.. "Go to hardware \ device manager and scroll down until you find the Elad device list, it will have a yellow triangle if the drivers are not installed correctly.

right click and select update drivers ....then select browse for driver.

And choose your DVD drive with the disk that came with the elad. be sure to let it search all folders files and it should find the driver and install it.

If you did not use the disk to install the elad but downloaded the software do the same thing just browse to your Elad folder on your HD and select again it should find and install the driver.

you may need to restart to see changes "

In the install guide everything is version 2.5, I'm not understanding why I'm getting version 3? I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a complete idiot with this install, I'm following the instructions letter by letter & it's frustrating the hell out of me with the drivers!

I followed these directions from the Yahoo Group. I am using Windows 8.1 and all is well.

.. "Go to hardware \ device manager and scroll down until you find the Elad device list, it will have a yellow triangle if the drivers are not installed correctly.

right click and select update drivers ....then select browse for driver.

And choose your DVD drive with the disk that came with the elad. be sure to let it search all folders files and it should find the driver and install it.

If you did not use the disk to install the elad but downloaded the software do the same thing just browse to your Elad folder on your HD and select again it should find and install the driver.

you may need to restart to see changes "
Just to be clear, this came with a flash drive, not a disk.

Have you tried browsing here for the driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ELAD\ELAD FDM-SW2\ELAD_FDM_Driver

OK, now we're getting somewhere FINALLY! Thank you for that, I can now get into the actual program, unfortunately something is still not right. I'm not getting any signals & the communication light next to the on light isn't turning on. Any suggestions for this? This is getting ridiculous! Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• 20140802_170507.jpg
    20140802_170507.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 743

NYG

OK, now we're getting somewhere FINALLY! Thank you for that, I can now get into the actual program, unfortunately something is still not right. I'm not getting any signals & the communication light next to the on light isn't turning on. Any suggestions for this? This is getting ridiculous! Thanks for all the help!

You really only notice the USB communication light when you're moving the sliders to change frequency.

Not getting any signals could be a number of things, antenna connection, mode/AGC settings etc..

In display settings-> advanced-> device configuration you can set the BW you want to display.

you could also download a prerecorded file from the Elad FTP server for playback in the software to help get familiar with the program.

Maybe I bit off more than I can chew when I bought this thing. The communication light doesn't do anything when I move the sliders & my Wellbrook LA5030 is connected properly. I'll play around with it some more, but I still think something isn't right. I restarted the computer, and unplugged & replugged the the USB cable into the same port & all other ports. I can usually figure stuff out, but this is killing me! I have a 4 day weekend and really thought I'd be actually using this thing by now! I'll try to download the prerecorded files and see what happens. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

NYG

Maybe I bit off more than I can chew when I bought this thing. The communication light doesn't do anything when I move the sliders & my Wellbrook LA5030 is connected properly. I'll play around with it some more, but I still think something isn't right. I restarted the computer, and unplugged & replugged the the USB cable into the same port & all other ports. I can usually figure stuff out, but this is killing me! I have a 4 day weekend and really thought I'd be actually using this thing by now! I'll try to download the prerecorded files and see what happens. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Just to make sure, in the software did you press the power button in the bottom left hand corner?

If the software is displaying nothing it sounds like it isn't turned on.

Just to make sure, in the software did you press the power button in the bottom left hand corner?

If the software is displaying nothing it sounds like it isn't turned on.

OK, that was indeed off. I clicked it & got this message...

Attachments

• 20140802_181837.jpg
    20140802_181837.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 660

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Back tracking for a minute .

Can you please confirm that driver is installed correctly .
No yellow triangle ?

IF you think it is installed correctly refer to section 3.6 advanced tab (page 15 )
You must set a config for the radio to work.

start the software click on set in lower left hand corner
click on advanced tab
click on show hw form at startup
click apply.

Restart Software

Now refer to section 4 4 FDM-SW1 Hardware Setup Form (page 22)

Don't worry you will get it working .

Clicking that brings this screen up but I still have no volume or signals even though all the volume controls are at 100%

Attachments

• 20140802_182309.jpg
    20140802_182309.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 652
Status
Not open for further replies.