Roseville unknown talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I have been finding some talk groups with the City of Roseville's trunked radio system that I am trying to figure out that are not in the database at RadioReference and trying to figure them out. The first talkgroup I'm curious about is talkgroup 176. This is apparently a police channel but can't quite figure out what they call it. It almost sounds like it is a channel that gets through to all police officers no matter talkgroup they are set to because most of the traffic is dispatch telling officers to change to a particular talkgroup.

The next, more heavily used, I've narrowed down to some city utility... I hear info about moving pipes and pulling wire... can't tell if it is Roseville electric or water or something else. It is on talkgroup 8048. It is like a jobsite tactical channel for the utility in question.

There is a third but I've only once heard it used and it was dead-air... 4976. That dead air was brought to us by user 41965. I tried tracking 41965 to other channels I listen to and it appears to be a radio service tech or something. I heard "testing" being called on Fire Tactical 6 and Police 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing additional traffic on 8048 where they were talking about transformers and pulling wires through conduit...

I use Unitrunker and Trunking Recorder operating where I've locked out all known talkgroups other than police primary/secondary and fire talkgroups. This is where I was hearing these unknown talkgroups. I have now locked out 8048 because I really don't care to listen to it, but found it interesting only because it was unknown to the Radio Reference database.

Status
Not open for further replies.