Saber UHF programming in DFW area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBDEKev

Hey gang,

I have 5 of the old Saber UHF (H44TUN5170CN) radio's. They are all programmed with one channel and, I recently bought a Saber II that need's to be cloned/programmed to match.

Besides DFW communications, I was wondering who in the metro is capable to do this and, what does it typically cost?

I wouldn't mind buying the items to do this myself but...I am a newbie and....lack the knowledge.

Advice?????

Thanks,
Kev

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Tose are systems Sabers .The big users of that model was the Govt. If you bought them off ebay or other Federal surplus they may be in the 403-430 range and pretty much usless as most of the DFW area is 450-470 and those radios will not do that with a complete change of modules and realigment. Do you know what freq is in it now?

TSBDEKev

Yes, they are in the 403-433 range but, I don't want them to use for comms locally. I was hoping to be able to use them as short range (within a mile radius) as pit radios for our drag race team.

I just learned in another part of the site that I need to obtain a lic for these. Anyone know where and how I might go about that?

Oh...and the programming question is still on the table.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
You won't be getting a license for them, as that frequency range is for federal government and (420+) ham radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.