San Diego City 700MHz System

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
XT will work on NextGen as long as the talkgroup is Phase 1. On my overnight shift, the only phase 2 traffic I ever receive is all of Escondido FD, a blip once in a blue moon on RSD Disp and RSD Tac 1, other than that, it's a phase 1 system for law and fire for now.

Paul

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
The 996XT also worked on The south site for metro Fire / Heartland Fire also worked on the Escondido/ Carlsbad/ Oceanside North sites .......The 996xt Performs much better on the Next Gen than it did on the SD city’s sites.

Like the OP stated once all the Radios are program for P2 The 996xt will go Silent.
Los Angeles County has a P2 system it’s been online for many months now ......my 996xt Receive’s it just fine ...... It appears its a long process to program everything to P2.

MtnBiker2005

Database Admin
Last edited:

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Premium Subscriber
Whoever is feeding this, It sounds very good. Well done!
Thanks... thats my side project. I am also feeding the SD County NextGen but don't get as good of reception as I do the city system. I am quite happy with the SD700 call ingesting... I think I will add a couple of more recorders but right now I am getting nearly all the interesting traffic and a ton of everything else. Looks like there are a lot of Park Ranger TGIDs that aren't in the DB, I wasn't sure the best way to get those added as so far I haven't heard them refer to a channel name but they are for sure active daily.