SC Roll Call

CaptDuck

"Duck" McDonald
Anderson, SC / Surfside Beach (Vacation)
BCD996T, RS Pro-2006
Anderson Public Safety, EMS SCHP, SLED, Marine / Same at Surfside Beach but add Beach Patrol
Palmetto (P25), Palmetto 800, Conventional

One 50 ft Hi Antenna, upgrading currently.

symtron

Feed Provider
Lloyd
Florence/Darlington
Scanner - RS Pro 2020 at work and another at Home for feeding VHF to RR Live Scanner Stream

Kenwood TK-2170, Bendix-King EPH (VHF), Motorola XTS2500 (P25enabled), Yeasu FT-60, YEasu FT-150, Motorola PM400 (VHF), Motorola CDM1550 (VHF), Kenwood TS-50 (HF), Kenwood TM-700a,
Yeasu FT-897D (HF/50/VHF/UHF)
Extra Class Amateur Licensee

I think I have too much to listen too (smile)

Dreaming of owning the new Uniden HomePatrol by Christmas

scanchs

I think I have too much to listen too (smile)

Hi Lloyd,

Is it really even possible to have too much to listen to? ;)

Dreaming of owning the new Uniden HomePatrol by Christmas

I'm hoping for the same Christmas present ... good luck to us both! :D

BTW, do you and Donald Bryant (SCFCPD7) work together? I noticed that you are both with the SC Forestry Commission... :confused:

ScanCHS

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
- Scott
- Born and raised in Spartanburg, SC
- Unfortunately, the Navy doesn't have a base in the Sparkle City, so I've been away for the last 18 1/2 years. I presently live near Camp Lejeune, NC and plan to move back to Spartanburg when I retire next year. I can't wait either!
- When I'm home, I listen to Spartanburg County Fire mostly as I used to volunteer at Rescue 18, Whitney FD and Rescue 2 before I joined the Navy. Spartanburg County Sheriff is also a must.
- I have entirely too many radios, so I'll list the ones I listen to the most: BCD396T, XTS2500 (VHF) and an 800 MHz Astro Spectra.

trevzb

Premium Subscriber
Trevor Bauknight
KI4HRS
Downtown Sumter, S.C.
Monitor UHF, VHF & Air on Uniden BC245XLT and LW/MW/SW/FM on Sony ICF-2010 and Radio Shack DX-392.

scannernut63

my info

john/n4jtl
little mountain,s.c.
yaseu 857d/kenwood 2000/bct15/bcd996xt/bcd396xt
monitor--palmetto 800 newberry county/jacksonville artcc/columbia app.an dep.

Last edited:

KE4KMD

New feed up

Hello everyone this is Mark KE4KMD in Ladson, SC I am in the Charleston Area and have several frequencies up for amateur radio. One of them is linked to SCHEART system when they are linked up.

phlather

Name is William. Just got my first radio/scanner a few months ago. Radio Shack Pro-106 Digital Trunking Scanner. Manual for this thing is kind of daunting. Want to get into Ham some day/year. Need more money though. LOTS. :) if anyone has a good scanner for dummies book/link that would be great.

hntsgt

Just a beginner with the scanner, purchased to monitor RR traffic for photographs.

There are a few tools out there to help photographers & newshounds with breaking news. For your information:

Twitter - several Twitter accounts post news items or stuff heard on the scanner. I have found these the most informative & best of all FREE.

Upstate Scanner (UpstateScan) on Twitter (upstate SC & Western NC)
Carolina Scanner (CarolinaScanner) on Twitter (mostly coastal SC & some other stuff)
Andy Paras (AndyParas) on Twitter (Charleston/Berkeley/Dorchester)

There are also some paging services that will send text messages right to your phone. You can choose the types of incidents you want to receive (fires, crimes, etc) and the areas you want to receive them from down to the county. You can also get free or discounted services if you sign up as a reporter or contributor.

Breaking News Network | Fire News Weather Alerts | BNN
CAROLINASFIREPAGE.com | The Carolinas Emergency Incident Notification Network
:: IPN :: Nationwide Fire & Police Incident Notification

buckent

hi gang..

been a longtime scanner, and ham radio op... located on the Lee/Kershaw county line, just off 20 at 108.
scanners include- Pro- 2006, 2005, (2) 2054's, (2) BCT-15's, BCD-996T and several handhelds..

Looking to upgrade my shack in the near future, so, if you have any suggestions, or would be interested in
one of the radios I have, let me know...

I am hoping to get more active scanning, and could use help with getting a tower setup, and radios replaced and programmed.. If you are looking for something, drop me a line, I may have it..

thanks

Matt

K8WPJ
WQND 966
KNA 8758