BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Scan Continues After One Second

AC1SM

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Last night I noticed that nothing was being logged in Proscan from my 536. I looked at the radio, and sure enough, every time a channel or TG was active, the scan continued after one second. I tried everything I could think of. Nothing worked. I decided to start from scratch.

I did a hard reset with the 2/9/department/power sequence. I formatted a new SD card and put the original contents that came with the radio on the card. I downloaded/imported some counties in Proscan and wrote them to the radio. I set the location and range. I started the scan, and the problem is still there. I went to weather scan, and the same thing happens--after one second of audio, the scan continued.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Hi,

Last night I noticed that nothing was being logged in Proscan from my 536. I looked at the radio, and sure enough, every time a channel or TG was active, the scan continued after one second. I tried everything I could think of. Nothing worked. I decided to start from scratch.

I did a hard reset with the 2/9/department/power sequence. I formatted a new SD card and put the original contents that came with the radio on the card. I downloaded/imported some counties in Proscan and wrote them to the radio. I set the location and range. I started the scan, and the problem is still there. I went to weather scan, and the same thing happens--after one second of audio, the scan continued.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
See if you turned on Scan resume...
1719266712901.png

AC1SM

Premium Subscriber
I believe that was it. Who knows how that setting was changed, maybe my dog did it by accident when she was checking her email last night.

THANKS!!!

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I believe that was it. Who knows how that setting was changed, maybe my dog did it by accident when she was checking her email last night.

THANKS!!!
You're very welcome!

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber

THANKS!!!
My cat jumped on the keyboard while I was in the middle of trading stock and he somehow managed to make almost a dozen trades in less than two seconds! After that, I started putting BBQ sauce on his food to marinade him from the inside out just in case I ended up in the poor house. :ROFLMAO:

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
My cat jumped on the keyboard while I was in the middle of trading stock and he somehow managed to make almost a dozen trades in less than two seconds! After that, I started putting BBQ sauce on his food to marinade him from the inside out just in case I ended up in the poor house. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted. OP answered at the end.