ScanControl Version 5.2.x Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdragos

ScanControl Version 5.2.x is now available.

Version 5.2.x adds programming support for the new BCT15 and BCD996T mobile / base scanners from Uniden.

As you may know the BCT15 and BCD996T add the concept of multiple sites for trunked systems and GPS mapping data functions for location based scanning. These new features caused us to make some significant additions to ScanControl to support the full capabilities of the BCT15 and BCD996T and future radios that contain these features.

In keeping with the data interchange capabilities of ScanControl you will be able to directly load SC data files from earlier DMA radios (SC230, BC246T, BR330T and BCD396T) into the BCT15 and BCD996T and vice versa. Direct data load from non-DMA radios (BC245XLT, BC895XLT, BC898XLT, BCT8, BC780XLT, BC250D, BC785D, BC296D, BC796D and PRO-2052) into the BCT15 and BCD996T will not be ready in Version 5.2.x, but will follow shortly. This version will also support CSV file imports into the BCT15 and BCD996T.

This release brings the total to 16 scanners all supported by one program. Visit our Web Site at http://www.scannersoft.com page for details about this release.

Ken D.

K3GI

I just bought a Pro-2052 and ScanControl Version 5.2.1. Good software, does a lot of stuff, though a steep learning curve which is probably to be expected. I think I've got it under control now. However it seems a little buggy. It crashes more frequently than I would have expected.

Also have recently purchased a Pro-2096 also and Win96 which had a steep learning curve also (again to be expected). Both radios are my first excursion into trunking and computer programming. I'm really liking the computer control of the 2052 with ScanControl and wish the GRE scanners could be controlled that way.

However, the Win96 has not crashed once, while I've come to expect that ScanControl will lockup on me (only while used for control) and have learned to backup changes before going to Radio Control.

Are the problems I'm having with ScanControl typical?

Lee, K3GI

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

K3GI

I'm using Windows 2000 with 512 M of ram. Thanks for the tip on the Yahoo groups. I did join the 2052 group will sign up for the ScanControl group.

Lee, K3GI

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
K3GI said:
I'm using Windows 2000 with 512 M of ram. Thanks for the tip on the Yahoo groups. I did join the 2052 group will sign up for the ScanControl group.

Lee, K3GI
Your OS and Ram should be ok, pose your question in the Scancontrol group. He'll get right on it. My CPU usage is normally at 13 %. When I start ScanControl it spikes up near 100% but quickly levels back to 13%. Clicking on Edit Banks spikes it back up slightly and again on Edit Scan List. Also, clicking on any bank Tabs will send it back up very slightly. BTW, these spikes arn't as wide as simply clicking the back button in my browser.

To Lou: "He said, humbly.:lol:" Indeed - shy and reserved also.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.