Scanner breaks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

I have a pro 106 that were I live iam geting 99% decode rate singal full
Scale but breakup one min the next comes in fine if I go inthe county I am trying to listen to its fine no breakups in that county I am geting same 99% as at home but no break ups I have 2.1 firm ware update 800 mhz antenna it kind of strange the system is hanover va 700/800 trunked p25 phase 1 system I just dont understand why in hanover no break ups with 99% decode rate but 5 miles out of hanove same decode 99% but comes in fine one min then breakes up then clear then breaks up check all setting and tryed out side antennas all do the same thing any ideas whats going on?

SCPD

QRT
inter

You may have something interferring with the radio like CFL lights,a Mac Computer or another radio signal at the other location.I noticed that 700MHZ is hard to pick up to begin with,unlike other frequencies on the scanner,you need almost a perfect signal for correct decode.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

Only Mac computers generate RFI?

Last edited:

an39511

I have a pro 106 that were I live iam geting 99% decode rate singal full
Scale but breakup one min the next comes in fine if I go inthe county I am trying to listen to its fine no breakups in that county I am geting same 99% as at home but no break ups I have 2.1 firm ware update 800 mhz antenna it kind of strange the system is hanover va 700/800 trunked p25 phase 1 system I just dont understand why in hanover no break ups with 99% decode rate but 5 miles out of hanove same decode 99% but comes in fine one min then breakes up then clear then breaks up check all setting and tryed out side antennas all do the same thing any ideas whats going on?

I own and use a PRO-106 and this sounds like a simulcast problem. (Multiple towers transmitting on the same frequency) I won't go into detail here because there are dozens of threads on the topic. Just search all threads on "simulcast, distortion" and you can learn what is happening.

As far as I know this only happens on simulcast systems and does not affect other p25 system that are conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.