Scanner Master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
What up with Scanner Master. I ordered a scanner yesterday. Followed up with e-mail today asking about a shipping date. No response........ Nothing, nada, zip. I am kicking myself for not ordering through HRO. Do I have a reason to be concerned?

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
I'd say be a little more patient. Hope you didn't expect it to be there by dinnertime today.

Reviewed the entire website, FAQ's, shipping info. Didn't see anything about being patient. I did see a claim of same day shipping.........................Guess I'll be patient, maybe they will respond next week.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I'd say weather has a huge role in the amount of time your item gets shipped. I've gotten stuff really quick from them, no complaints.

Blackink

I'd say be a little more patient. Hope you didn't expect it to be there by dinnertime today.
I thought this reply was good until I read the next one.....

Reviewed the entire website, FAQ's, shipping info. Didn't see anything about being patient. I did see a claim of same day shipping.........................Guess I'll be patient, maybe they will respond next week.
Best reply of the day.....lololol !!!!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I thought this reply was good until I read the next one.....

Best reply of the day.....lololol !!!!
Sadly most people that choose same day shipping expect it the same day.

In my experience same day shipping meant it would be sent out that day or within 24 hrs as what most people would think is next day shipping.

Ordering on a Thursday I would at the very least expect to receive an acknowledgement email confirming the order and if it in fact was same day shipping then go out that day in the mail.

All I'm saying is be patient. Orders don't necessarily get processed as soon as you hit enter on completing your order.

Given that today is friday and I'm assuming nothing has been done so far. I would be concerned and make a phone call to the company if it hasn't shipped by Monday. Also as others have pointed out. Weather may play a part in it as well. Especially if it has shipped out already.

I've never dealt with the scannermaster company before but I wouldn't totally count them out yet. They look to be a fairly reliable company that's been around for some time and known to the radio community.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I just ordered an AOR DV-1 through scanner master on Jan 11. Same day I received two emails. One from Google stating Scanner master is trusted store and another from Scanner master confirming my order. On Jan 12 I got one email stating the item shipped and another thank you email also. Received package in five days ( ground shipping to CA).

I was pleased with the transaction and communication, and did not have the need to email them. Hopefully there are extreme circumstances that is delaying them but I'm sure they will come through. Chillax.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies. To be clear, I did not expect the radio to be delivered the same day. I did expect to receive a tracking number the day after my order. I'm disappointed with the communication of the transaction. Weather? As they say on Monday Night Football..........Come on, Man. Snow does not affect the ability to respond to a customer's email inquiry. Anyway, I'll be patient until Monday but another 4-7 inches is expected so maybe I'll have to wait till Summer.

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber
I've had no issues with them either. My most recent order was submitted on Jan 30. I didn't receive an acknowledgement email that the order was accepted until the Jan 31. I received an email Feb 1 with a UPS tracking number.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I tried today to buy downloadable BuTeL Arc software and was not available.

kibler

Feed Provider
bearcat012..........Check your spam folder in your E-mail! You never know???

kc2kth

Going a bit off topic here, but in my opinion this is an example of the "Amazon effect". We're so accustomed to their huge supply chain and automated, canned responses that we expect that everywhere. Scanner Master is great at providing personal service and quality products. I've ordered items though "fulfilled by" Amazon where the actual seller was unable to tell what hardware or firmware version was on a product because he can't tell what of his products are left in Amazon's warehouses beyond the quantity. Scanner Master and similar sized and focused companies are much better at tracking inventory beyond the quantity left in the bin.

I've ordered from Scanner Master many times and while I have noticed they can be slow at times to respond to inquiries, maybe a day or two between responses, their personalized service and care and quality is second to none.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Got my tracking number this afternoon. Weather delays were confirmed when I called yesterday. Scanner Master refunded the 2 day air shipping I paid when I ordered last week and shipped for free.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
They always sell at MSRP or above. Slow shipping you have to pay for, on top of that? lol, no thanks.

captncarp

Scanner Master

If they ship UPS or FedX u will get a tracking number that u can track ur order as it progresses to u.

If u get a USPS tracking number don't bother opening it as it will show you nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.