Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Mr. Vonski
Have you given much thought to a hit counter instead of drawing each line in the log?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Yes I think its a great idea, just worried how long it would take to find duplicates and etc.

polo807

Premium Subscriber
HELP
I have the new 536 HP-1 I have both conventional frequencies and P25 Phase 1 loaded and I am only receiving the analog frequencies. My 396xt is receiving both analog and P25 phase 1 with no problem. I used the ARC-Pro software to program my new scanner. Any advice??? you can PM me with tips.
Thank you

durangoGreg

Vonskie, Thanks for the hard work and the great little program.

I am using it on my Mac Pro in Mountain Lion with the BCD536HP.

Could you provide me with your source code for the latest Mac version?

I would like to try my hand at using Xcode to reproduce what you have done so far just for the fun of it. Eventually when the Siren App comes out, I hope Uniden provides some documentation on how to use remote commands so that we can take advantage of a network connection and audio.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
HELP
I have the new 536 HP-1 I have both conventional frequencies and P25 Phase 1 loaded and I am only receiving the analog frequencies. My 396xt is receiving both analog and P25 phase 1 with no problem. I used the ARC-Pro software to program my new scanner. Any advice??? you can PM me with tips.
Thank you

Not sure try the tech support forums.

Have a great weekend

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Vonskie, Thanks for the hard work and the great little program.

I am using it on my Mac Pro in Mountain Lion with the BCD536HP.

Could you provide me with your source code for the latest Mac version?

I would like to try my hand at using Xcode to reproduce what you have done so far just for the fun of it. Eventually when the Siren App comes out, I hope Uniden provides some documentation on how to use remote commands so that we can take advantage of a network connection and audio.

Sure

I will post the code online tonight and PM you with a link

PhillyPhoto

First off, great program! One thing I did notice however, it doesn't seem to parse ampersands in sites. Listening to the Connecticut State Police Trunking System system, sites like H & W or C & K show up as "H _W" and "C _K". I don't see the sites in the raw data box, so I'm now sure how it's actually coming through from the radio.

I just found out about this program today, so I'm not sure if it's been talked about in the previous 35 pages, but have you looked in to system tray balloon notifications? I'm not sure how responsive they would be for something that could change fast like scanning channels. My thinking is so you don't have to keep the window up all the time to see what's going on.

fire701

Feed Provider
I have downloaded the latest 262 and it works a second then goes to idle or scanning and then says cannot read com port. I have went through and made sure I am on the right port.
Could you advise if I am doing something wrong
Thanks
fire701

jamesd

I'm using 264 with OS X 10.9.2 and all works fine except that when Scanner Screen is connected to my MacBook Pro it deactivates the BCD536's speaker output on the back of the radio. No Problem I just unplug my patch cord from the speaker output to the front panel Headphone jack. BTW I have most audio problems with the speaker/headphone line noise that others have but only when i trie to use both. If I use one or the other it works and if it doesn't I just plug and replug my patch cord and all noise goes away. My guess it's all a switching thing (back speaker output also toggles from 2-one to 1-line)
jamesd
rock village, usa

garys

Premium Subscriber
Very nice program. If you are planning any more development two things would be nice. First, if the data stream from the scanner supplies it, PL, DPL, or NAC display. Second, a transparency setting for the background.

Thanks again for writing this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.