Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
2.62 has run for over a minute without issues. Logging to disk and realtime log enabled. I'll let it run overnight and see what happens.

If I wanted to run the program a second time for my 436, do I need to install another instance in a different folder, or can I just run this one again? (Could I log with both of them concurrently?)

mrkelso

This newest version for the Mac runs Great, No sluggishness. Good Code......

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
2.62 has run for over a minute without issues. Logging to disk and realtime log enabled. I'll let it run overnight and see what happens.

If I wanted to run the program a second time for my 436, do I need to install another instance in a different folder, or can I just run this one again? (Could I log with both of them concurrently?)

You can run multiple copies

However to log it to disk is currently just one at a time, however; I can change this and will do so today. Thanks for the idea.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Ran all night without a hitch.

Care to share what the ultimate solution was?

Orginally I was each time I checked the scanner

Loading the library, opening the port, writing data, receiving data, closing the port and unloading the library. For some reason on certain computers with certain drivers after it did this x number of times the driver stopped working.

So I then told it to load the serial library when the program starts and connect to scanner when you hit the connect button and only disconnect when you click the disconnect button, thus the serial port stays open until you close it and things are not open and closed several times in a given time period to avoid the problem.

Not only did this fix your problem but it also fixed mrkelsos problem of it running slow on the mac when it was doing the opening and closing.

Normally when you program you load it, use it and unload when done it to save memory and resources.

Fortunately a com port uses very little resources so you can leave it open...

phask

Premium Subscriber
Seems to be working fine on HP1 / Win 8.1.

Can you add UNID? (unless I'm missing it). Currently use Butels's Arc to log and track down UNID.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I believe unit ID has been mentioned previously - it's not in the data that he's currently pulling, but is looking at being added.

Now that things are working, I have it set up on my laptop keeping track of my 436 here at work. Got a couple of observations.

1 - On my local Motorola Type II multi-site system, the real time log displays the site name in the "System" column. I haven't looked at the "Raw Data" window while it was receiving on that system, but I'll keep an eye on it. If both the system and site are present, perhaps that column could be "System - Site" similar to how Uniden concatenates the county and agency into the "Department" line.

EDIT: The GLG command appears not to have the system name in it. Interesting. Not a horrible problem since I know what system it is (the only trunk I'm monitoring).

2 - Does the date/time (at the top of the window) flicker once per second for anyone else? Almost as if the line was being erased before being redrawn.

I don't mean to seem like I'm complaining - this is a great program, especially since you have the HP1 issue worked out. I don't think there's been any consistently updated HP1 tools "on the market" per se.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I believe unit ID has been mentioned previously - it's not in the data that he's currently pulling, but is looking at being added.

>>UID will be added as soon as uniden adds the full set of RMT commands to the 436 and 536. (maybe sooner for the HP-1 as it provides it)

Now that things are working, I have it set up on my laptop keeping track of my 436 here at work. Got a couple of observations.

1 - On my local Motorola Type II multi-site system, the real time log displays the site name in the "System" column. I haven't looked at the "Raw Data" window while it was receiving on that system, but I'll keep an eye on it. If both the system and site are present, perhaps that column could be "System - Site" similar to how Uniden concatenates the county and agency into the "Department" line.

>> the RMT STATUS Command only provides system, department and channel.

EDIT: The GLG command appears not to have the system name in it. Interesting. Not a horrible problem since I know what system it is (the only trunk I'm monitoring).

>>The GLG command provides the system department and channel (what is where is determined who entered it in the database)

2 - Does the date/time (at the top of the window) flicker once per second for anyone else? Almost as if the line was being erased before being redrawn.

>> I have not noticed this, interesting. you are correct it is redrawn once a second.

I don't mean to seem like I'm complaining - this is a great program, especially since you have the HP1 issue worked out. I don't think there's been any consistently updated HP1 tools "on the market" per se.

Thanks.

Jay911

Feed Provider
GLG actually delivers the site name in place of the system name when receiving a transmission, at least on a multi-site Motorola system. That could be a bug in Uniden's logic.

mrkelso

What would be the Icing on the cake would be to have a hit counter so instead of drawing a new row for the same unit over and over again, just show another hit if the unit transmits again and show the hit in the log.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
GLG actually delivers the site name in place of the system name when receiving a transmission, at least on a multi-site Motorola system. That could be a bug in Uniden's logic.

Or how it's entered in the rr data base

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
What would be the Icing on the cake would be to have a hit counter so instead of drawing a new row for the same unit over and over again, just show another hit if the unit transmits again and show the hit in the log.

I would just have to be careful in how long it takes to find duplicate remove it from stack then insert it in first position.

Status
Not open for further replies.