Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
What would be the Icing on the cake would be to have a hit counter so instead of drawing a new row for the same unit over and over again, just show another hit if the unit transmits again and show the hit in the log.

No; the site name "Forest Lawn" is entered correctly in the database, and shows up in the "System" column (and in the GLG command), where the system name "Calgary Digital Radio" is expected to be.

Calgary Digital Radio Trunking System, Calgary, Alberta - Scanner Frequencies

Interesting

mule1075

Feed Provider
Have had it running for a few hours now on the HP-1.Working great thanks for all the work you have put into it.You are a great asset to the hobby.Thanks again.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Have had it running for a few hours now on the HP-1.Working great thanks for all the work you have put into it.You are a great asset to the hobby.Thanks again.

Glad it's working for you and thank you for your troubleshooting

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Hey Vonskie, forgot to tell you thanks for the inclusion of running log inside main window. "Rock On!"

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Question: I am thinking about adding audio recording to the program.

How does this normally work?

Do you connect a splitter to the head phone jack one goes to computer and one goes to a speaker?

Or does the software pipe the audio in to the computer speakers and to a file at the same time?

mrkelso

Question: I am thinking about adding audio recording to the program.

How does this normally work?

Do you connect a splitter to the head phone jack one goes to computer and one goes to a speaker?

Or does the software pipe the audio in to the computer speakers and to a file at the same time?

That seems like a nice touch.

fire701

Feed Provider
I have a BCD536 Scanner. I have downloaded the program but get a error. Do you hook the mini USB to the front where you program it or to the back where you have the WIFI USB connection to make the program work.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD536 Scanner. I have downloaded the program but get a error. Do you hook the mini USB to the front where you program it or to the back where you have the WIFI USB connection to make the program work.

front

garys

Premium Subscriber
Will Scanner Screen work with the GPS/serial port on the x36 scanners?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have one user using it that I know of with his 536 on the GPS / Serial port

Thanks, I'm trying to get it working with my 436, but not having much luck. I think it's a matter of settings, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll play around with it and probably stumble on it at some point.

ETA: Like the proverbial blind squirrel I stumbled on an acorn. I found out that I had the port speed set at the wrong speed to send data to Scanner Screen. I was able to update the profile using Sentinel and now it's working fine. I couldn't find out how to change the Location settings using the scanner menu, but no matter.

Last edited:

N9TZO

Premium Subscriber
How do you get the Mac version to work with 436? Software works fine on Windows, but the Mac version I get "cannot read device" error. There are two choices /dev/cu.usbmodemfd121 or /dev/tty.usbmodemfd121 neither work.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
How do you get the Mac version to work with 436? Software works fine on Windows, but the Mac version I get "cannot read device" error. There are two choices /dev/cu.usbmodemfd121 or /dev/tty.usbmodemfd121 neither work.

You select the device and click connect to scanner, one thing about the 436 and the 536 the usb to serial firmware is kind of buggy. Normally you can just restart the scanner and it will then make the serial connection.

If that does not work not sure what it could be.

There are two devices as one user reported it worked better with tty. Normally you would choose CU but they both should work.

Good luck and let me know.

Also make sure you have the latest mac version.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Von,

I actually got it to work with the CU after I had made the post about they tty or cu.... I ended up making the connection to the mac, clicked button to connect and it wouldn't... Then I ended up shutting program down, turned the scanner off then on, making sure not to go into usb then reloaded scanner screen and it worked in cu. Not sure why it wouldn't awhile back when you had made the switch over to that. But the latest did work fine on my Mac Pro 3,1

mrkelso

Von,

I actually got it to work with the CU after I had made the post about they tty or cu.... I ended up making the connection to the mac, clicked button to connect and it wouldn't... Then I ended up shutting program down, turned the scanner off then on, making sure not to go into usb then reloaded scanner screen and it worked in cu. Not sure why it wouldn't awhile back when you had made the switch over to that. But the latest did work fine on my Mac Pro 3,1

It's a nice little Screen program for these new scanners..

Status
Not open for further replies.