scanning in with blocked MOT trunks - pro 163

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintJohn

Ok I did my 2 (or 3) weeks of pulling my hair out and i can now store talk groups in my pro 163. and I can scan and I have tons of chatter. Now I blocked out the police ones as I dont seam to prefer perp chatter and pull overs. To do this, I had to put all the channels in MOT mode so the locked out talk groups were recognized. WHen I do this and go back to scan, it wont stop on any chanel.

So am I doing it wrong? Do I need to put each frequency in a different Mode instead of MOT. How do I scan the set frequencies for only the talk groups I want.

Newbe John

SaintJohn

Beginner trunking leaning curve

I figured it out. I didnt have the full concept of trunking down. I was still seeing a group as frequencies not talk groups.

In short I didnt have all the frequencies for the trunk system I was monitoring in one group including the data one. I also had a ton of other frequencies in the group. Now that I have it set up right, It runs right.

Now I just block the ids that come over that are police chatter (Which is what I dont want) and now I only have fire stuff.

John

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Ok I did my 2 (or 3) weeks of pulling my hair out and i can now store talk groups in my pro 163. and I can scan and I have tons of chatter. Now I blocked out the police ones as I dont seam to prefer perp chatter and pull overs. To do this, I had to put all the channels in MOT mode so the locked out talk groups were recognized. WHen I do this and go back to scan, it wont stop on any chanel.

So am I doing it wrong? Do I need to put each frequency in a different Mode instead of MOT. How do I scan the set frequencies for only the talk groups I want.

Newbe John

All frequencies and the bank have to be in the MOT mode.
In the talk group sum table, enter only those talk groups you are interested in.
Set the bank to the CLOSED mode.

Instructions on completing the above steps can be found in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.