Scantenna vs Antennacraft ST2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafale01010

Whats the difference? They both look like the same thing except that Scantenna is $20 more. Is it better to go with that or with the cheaper one?

Last edited:

hoser147

The Scantenna ST2 is the replacement for the old Scantenna, so I believe and there is another post on it somewhere that they are one in the same............Hoser

rafale01010

Thanks hoser, fortunately i saw the ebay one at a low price so i am definitely going with that to save me some money. But yet the upgrade is CHEAPER that doesnt make much sense....oh well

rafale01010

Will do, event though it aint too windy out here, i will do it in the event we get hit with a series of cat.4 and cat.5 strength hurricanes after just mounting it.

stevolene

I cant hardly read the the diagram or the print on the wiki page for the scantenna reinforcement, also I believe they are using the fiberglass bicycle flag poles? if thats correct all the ones Ive found are solid

hoser147

stevolene said:
I cant hardly read the the diagram or the print on the wiki page for the scantenna reinforcement, also I believe they are using the fiberglass bicycle flag poles? if thats correct all the ones Ive found are solid

That is correct. Nothing to it, a Bike flag and some electrical tape, cut the flag staff and tape it in place. Hoser

stevolene

ahh haa!!!! (lightbulb coming on) all this time I thought you guys were talking about hollow fiberglass poles and running the antenna through them............tell me something , If I get some aluminum mast, sink about 4 ft of it in the ground, brace it to the eave of the house, will I still need to run a ground wire down the mast into a copper rod in the ground? or would the mast actually be the ground? and if a ground is needed, where do you attach the ground wire at the antenna?

hoser147

stevolene said:
ahh haa!!!! (lightbulb coming on) all this time I thought you guys were talking about hollow fiberglass poles and running the antenna through them............tell me something , If I get some aluminum mast, sink about 4 ft of it in the ground, brace it to the eave of the house, will I still need to run a ground wire down the mast into a copper rod in the ground? or would the mast actually be the ground? and if a ground is needed, where do you attach the ground wire at the antenna?

Stevolene there are inline coax type grounds from high dollar to cheaper ones. Right now there is an active thread on the subject in the antenna forum.............Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.