SdCard error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
This is the 4th time this happen. This card is a 16gig Card not even a month old. Seems this is going to happen more and more. I’m not able to clear it or reformat it. 723F9CD2-B634-4C9A-9584-B5C67DA48CE1.jpeg

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
When you connect to your PC to program, are you unmounting the scanner correctly when you are finished? I recently had to replace SD card in my R8600 and I believe it was damaged when it hung up on disconnect and I went ahead and unplugged it (more than once). Damaged the card and the radio started to give me problems shutting down for no reason. The cards are easily damaged if the disconnect protocol is not adhered to.

JD
kf4anc

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When you connect to your PC to program, are you unmounting the scanner correctly when you are finished? I recently had to replace SD card in my R8600 and I believe it was damaged when it hung up on disconnect and I went ahead and unplugged it (more than once). Damaged the card and the radio started to give me problems shutting down for no reason. The cards are easily damaged if the disconnect protocol is not adhered to.

JD
kf4anc
I don’t use the cable from radio to computer. I use a card reader and when done I do the right hand click on the drive and do the safe remove I wait til the drive is clear than remove the card.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I know it sounds silly but have you done a manual virus scan on the computer you use to program with? Short of that sounds like something with the SD Card Jack.
I do a scan a few times a week it’s on auto. I did buy a new card reader last week cause the other one went out. I’m using win7 64 bit never had any problems when I had the 4/536 the sds100 still using the factory sd card.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Have to tried to reformat the with a card reader and the SD Card Formatter program?
I have tried to reformat it. It says can’t be reformatted and locked the other two cards did the same thing. When I get home I’ll try the program see what it does.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have tried to reformat it. It says can’t be reformatted and locked the other two cards did the same thing. When I get home I’ll try the program see what it does.

Memory cards are cheap, but a new one to get you up and running fast, then if that solves the problem have Uniden replace the original card under warranty and you'll have a spare. It's not uncommon to have a bad memory card.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the card size has an impact on load time. Rather it's a case of the card's speed rating and the amount of stuff to load.

I am presuming you are more or less using the same "stuff" in your 536, so I doubt it is a programming issue. Assuming you have used a fresh never used for nothing else SD card, I'm getting a little suspicious you might have a problem with your scanner. Maybe causing something funky to happen during the recording for Replay purposes, or a hardware issue, causing the SD card to act up.

About the only time I've heard of SD cards fail is due to age, or something happening like a weather related power loss. Sometimes during bad weather, power is lost, but comes back in a few seconds. The scanner doesn't like this kind of thing.

I've had two 536s since about day 1, as well as a 436 and SDS100. Still waiting for that first SD card issue. And I'm doing stuff people swear will ruin an SD card (vehicle scanner on an ignition switch).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the card size has an impact on load time. Rather it's a case of the card's speed rating and the amount of stuff to load.

I am presuming you are more or less using the same "stuff" in your 536, so I doubt it is a programming issue. Assuming you have used a fresh never used for nothing else SD card, I'm getting a little suspicious you might have a problem with your scanner. Maybe causing something funky to happen during the recording for Replay purposes, or a hardware issue, causing the SD card to act up.

About the only time I've heard of SD cards fail is due to age, or something happening like a weather related power loss. Sometimes during bad weather, power is lost, but comes back in a few seconds. The scanner doesn't like this kind of thing.

I've had two 536s since about day 1, as well as a 436 and SDS100. Still waiting for that first SD card issue. And I'm doing stuff people swear will ruin an SD card (vehicle scanner on an ignition switch).

I’ve sold both x36 months ago. When I first got the 200 I used the card came with it. I’ve put 3 other 16gig cards in gives a error for some reason. Scanner is not on 24/7. I do use a battery back up (just like the ones you put your computer to) to the scanner and the Psr800.

Hit_Factor

..I’ve put 3 other 16gig cards in gives a error for some reason...

Unlikely you have 3 bad cards in a row. Size has nothing to do with the problem.

Most likely there is a step in your process that causes file system corruption. Improper eject, eject while recording, ...

Run chkdsk on the card, repair, use sentinel to reset user data. They will probably be usable after that.

Note, you don't have to put them into the scanner to perform those steps. Just use a regular card reader.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Status
Not open for further replies.