SDR Client / Server Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyt

Hello,

I have a very noisy location here in the city. I want to locate an SDR out in a rural area and link the SDR back to my location in the city for low noise listening.

Now here is where my idea gets weird. I want to locate the radio out in a field, with nothing more than a solar panel and battery with a wifi link that connects back to a hard wired Internet connection.

A lot of these SDR radios claim to work with Linux and have a "Server Backend" but I don't see too much information about the specifics.

Does anyone know of a SDR radio that will work with a Linux/FreeBSD server daemon that will allow clients to connect to it?

I was thinking something along the lines of WebSDR by those guys in the Netherlands. Unfortunately they haven't made the code available to the public.

All of the commercially available SDR radios I bump into seem to hinge on a Windows client/server model.

Thanks!

kilokat7

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have a very noisy location here in the city. I want to locate an SDR out in a rural area and link the SDR back to my location in the city for low noise listening.

Now here is where my idea gets weird. I want to locate the radio out in a field, with nothing more than a solar panel and battery with a wifi link that connects back to a hard wired Internet connection.

A lot of these SDR radios claim to work with Linux and have a "Server Backend" but I don't see too much information about the specifics.

Does anyone know of a SDR radio that will work with a Linux/FreeBSD server daemon that will allow clients to connect to it?

I was thinking something along the lines of WebSDR by those guys in the Netherlands. Unfortunately they haven't made the code available to the public.

All of the commercially available SDR radios I bump into seem to hinge on a Windows client/server model.

Thanks!

Take a look at the QS1R. I seem to remember that this operates in a linux client/server (or Windows) configuration. More information can be had by joining the QS1R group:

qs1r : QS1R_SDRMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.