SDR #

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I have a laptop with Windows 8 and a desktop with Windows 8.1.. I have the latest version of SDR # on both and I am having issues. I bought a dongle from amazon.
NooElec Brand RTL-SDR, FM+DAB, DVB-T USB Stick Set with RTL2832U & R820T. I followed the instructions online at SDR# | A Software Defined Radio in C# and no go. I am hearing a hiss so I know the driver is installed properly. I am not able to change the freq. Very confused. I have bought adapters for a better antenna and no good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an old scanner and I am using that at the same time. I can see it light up in the waterfall. But no vice.

rbm

Check out the settings in the screen capture below.

When SDR# is stopped, can you select 'RTL - SDR / USB' in the drop down box?

Did you use the 'install.bat' file to download and install the SDRSharp files?

Rich

rbm

And, to make sure that your zadig install is good ...............

You can go to:
RelWithDebInfo.zip on rtl-sdr

Download the zip file 'RelWithDebInfo.zip' ....
Unzip the files to a folder of your choice ..............
Then open a DOS window and 'run' rtl_test.

Your results should look something like the screen capture below.
If it doesn't run, I'd suspect the your zadig install did not go well.

Rich

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I got sound and freq working. I am trying to listen to my local Sheriffs office. I know it APCO25. I have dl dsd and cyg and vb and when I run sdr# my usb dongle is missing. I am lost!

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
SDR# DSD

I am trying to decode my county control channel. I have one dongle. I am using windows 8.0.
I have SDR#, DSD. I am able to get sound before DSD. Once I have dl, installed and set the virtual audio cable I loose sound. The decoding is working. I have gone thru two tutorials and I can not seem to get the sound to work with the DSD. Any advice????

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you are trying to monitor a trunked system?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

moonbounce

Try the VB Audio Video cable as opposed to the VAC. The VB cable is so simple to download and use even I can do it,lol.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
If I understand correctly, you are trying to monitor a trunking control channel using DSD. If this is the case, you will not hear audio, as there likely is none. You need to tune to a voice channel for DSD to decode and pass audio. If you want to monitor control channel activity, you need UniTrunker.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
Ok. So here is the deal. I am able to decode and the sounds is working. It sometimes comes out garbled and I can see the freq keeps changing. However, they are only using two that I can see. I read somewhere that I can use unitrunker with one dongle and this will work. Obviously I do not want to keep moving the mouse. The more I play the more it works.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
Everything is now working. Last ting I need is I just became a Premium member. I want to set talkgroupds in unitrunker. I see the wheel in unitrunker, but I am not sure how to do it on the radioreference end.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I filled in my own info, but as I recall:

- run Unitrunker until you get a sysID
- make sure you populated the RR login info on the Unitrunker options screen
- click on the RR icon on the system you obtained the sysID on to populate the system.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to do anything on RR other than sign up for a premium account.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
Everything is working. However, the sound is not very good. On a scale of 1-10 its a 2. I can hear voice 10% of the time. Any advice on tweaking?

SCPD

QRT
What bandwidth are you using? If it's 12.5 khz, try something narrower like 7 khz.

Confirm the RTL stick's warp factor. If it's off due to thermal drift, you'll be off frequency.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I am on 12.5 but, I know I am on the right freq. On the control channel the dsd is working great. When I switch to the voice channel, dsd is still working, but 90% of the time I hear a hiss not voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.