sdrsharp not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord-sadler

hello everyone,
my laptop (running windows 7) recognize sdr dongle as keyboard, sdrsharp not showing it on device settings, i installed the drivers using zadig and did everything right, but when i click on the play button in sdrsharp it says "device not found".
can any one tell me how to get it working.
thanks,,,

mattwillson

Did you run "install-rtlsdr.bat" in the sdrsharp folder? When running Zadig, under options did you check "List All Devices" and uncheck "Ignore Hubs or Composite Parents"?

lord-sadler

Did you run "install-rtlsdr.bat" in the sdrsharp folder? When running Zadig, under options did you check "List All Devices" and uncheck "Ignore Hubs or Composite Parents"?
thanks for your reply, yes i did all of that but didn't work.

mattwillson

In SDR# under Source, is RTL-SDR (USB) showing up as an option? When you click the gear icon is the dongle available in the device list?

lord-sadler

is RTL-SDR (USB) showing up as an option? Yes it there.

When you click the gear icon is the dongle available in the device list? No, it's not.

morfis

my laptop (running windows 7) recognize sdr dongle as keyboard

Though you have said you installed the drivers correctly the above suggests you didn't.
Re-install the drivers being careful to apply them to the correct Intereface/device.

lord-sadler

thanks for all of you, i really appreciate your help, i did reinstall the drivers but this time (bulk in interface 0) not showing, instead i found RTL2838UHIDIR, I did everything as you said but didn't work.

rabbit108

thanks for all of you, i really appreciate your help, i did reinstall the drivers but this time (bulk in interface 0) not showing, instead i found RTL2838UHIDIR, I did everything as you said but didn't work.
I tried the dongle with the latest SDR# software. I used my Windows 10 computer because my old Windows 7 computer was acting up. I couldn't get v1807 to work either at first, but finally did. Maybe this will help:

Tried v1807step1.jpg

Tried v1807step2.jpg

reinstalled driver

Tried v1807step3.jpg

unplugged dongle and then reinserted it; heard normal USB sounds

checked Device Manager

Tried v1807step4DeviceMgr.jpg

selected dongle as source

Tried v1807step5.jpg

It works!

Tried v1807step6.jpg

Last edited:

lord-sadler

thanks for all of you, it finally worked!
i deleted the drivers from device manager, reinstall it, and unplugged the dongle and replugged it again and when i opened SDR# i found the device in the gear settings icon.

rabbit108

thanks for all of you, it finally worked!
i deleted the drivers from device manager, reinstall it, and unplugged the dongle and replugged it again and when i opened SDR# i found the device in the gear settings icon.
Thanlk you for the report with the good news! Glad we were able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.