SDRTrunk Tips & Tricks?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone, i am just wondering if their is any tips and stuff for sdrtrunk. like i have recording enabled and everything is being saved to the recordings folder but is their a way to import them into anything, like universal scanner audio player for dsdplus. something that will organize them so i can go through them later? I don't have a ton of experience with sdrtrunk just basic stuff. But do any of you that use sdrtrunk have any little tid bits that you can think of, I would really appreciate it.

What does it mean when a status just says "Active"? and hangs there for a minute.

I turned on "Radio ID. Detect duplicate calls by matching radio identifiers" what does this do, because thats a problem i do have is the same talkgroup showing up on two channels that i'm listening to i could turn off one but it just so happens that each does show a different talkgroup as well as a same talkgroup.

I'm using a RSPdx with two RTL-SDR dongles, I have the channelizer type set to heterodyne and below that i have Dual Tuner selected, now it says "SDRPlay RSPduo Selection Mode" and the options are "Dual Tuner" "Single Tuner 1" "Single Tuner 2" now that has me confused because i am using a sdrplay device but it doesn't show what i should select for those devices or does it even matter?

Anyway's thanks for your comments and all the help!

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Rdio-Scanner will import both DSDPlus directories and SDR Trunk. It is lightweight, easy to setup, and very intuitive to use. There is a very good guide included with it.

What does it mean when a status just says "Active"? and hangs there for a minute.
These may be data calls, possibly.

I turned on "Radio ID. Detect duplicate calls by matching radio identifiers" what does this do, because thats a problem i do have is the same talkgroup showing up on two channels that i'm listening to i could turn off one but it just so happens that each does show a different talkgroup as well as a same talkgroup.
If you are decoding 2+ sites of the same system and a talkgroup appears on both sites, it will automatically only save one recording when the duplicate talkgroup setting is enabled.

With duplicate radio ID detection on, if a dispatcher were to key up on 2 talkgroups at once, it would only record once.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Rdio-Scanner will import both DSDPlus directories and SDR Trunk. It is lightweight, easy to setup, and very intuitive to use. There is a very good guide included with it.

If you are decoding 2+ sites of the same system and a talkgroup appears on both sites, it will automatically only save one recording when the duplicate talkgroup setting is enabled.

With duplicate radio ID detection on, if a dispatcher were to key up on 2 talkgroups at once, it would only record once.
Ok thanks i am having issues with Rdio-scanner i downloaded and extracted the folder but when i run the exe i just get a command prompt like the attached pic. what am i doing wrong? i read the pdf but still didn't get it.

Attachments

• rdio.png
    rdio.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 10

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

Nevrmind i got it... so this is just directing sdrtrunk to a website and showing it on a different GUI is that all it is for? in my opinion that's just using up more resources, am i able to access it from anywhere's now that i'm using rdio-scanner?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Nevrmind i got it... so this is just directing sdrtrunk to a website and showing it on a different GUI is that all it is for? in my opinion that's just using up more resources, am i able to access it from anywhere's now that i'm using rdio-scanner?

It makes the calls easily accessible, timestamped, and in a database. It uses extremely low resources - mines running 5-6 busy systems and barely cracks 1% of the processor and about 30MB of RAM. Far from a resource hog.

You need to configure in the admin interface for it to ingest the calls from DSD and SDRTrunk.

You can only access it on your local network unless you delve into further setup that exposes it outside the network. You will need some networking know how to accomplish it safely.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
It makes the calls easily accessible, timestamped, and in a database. It uses extremely low resources - mines running 5-6 busy systems and barely cracks 1% of the processor and about 30MB of RAM. Far from a resource hog.

You need to configure in the admin interface for it to ingest the calls from DSD and SDRTrunk.

You can only access it on your local network unless you delve into further setup that exposes it outside the network. You will need some networking know how to accomplish it safely.
Well i got it working but it's starting to repeat the same traffic back to back ...what could be causing that? oh and i'm using dirwatch instead of the API does it matter?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

i got it working good with sdrtrunk but trying with dsdplus fl is a bit harder ... i made the dirwatch but what i am scanning their isn't any talkgroup file it's mostly conventional. Oh and i can't tell is the audio going through rdio-scanner or is it still coming out of sdrtrunk? i went back and checked my sdrtunk recordings folder and it's empty now are they saved in rdio-scaner? if so where

Last edited:

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Although rdio-scanner is great i really am looking for something like universal scanner audio player so i can upload all my calls and sort through them , a way to organize them i guess.