sdrtrunk-vce - web interface, analytics, optimizations - Testers Wanted!

mtindor

FMP24 PRO USER
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,296
Reaction score
3,554
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Most if not all P25 LRRP is not going to be sent over the control channel, but rather over the actual voice INPUT frequency (think mobiles portables sending). So if you are monitoring P25 systems, you likely won't see that map populated at all the vast percentage of the time.

DMR/NXDN systems can and will often send LRRP data over the CC or a VC OUTPUT (repeater). So you are more likely to get something on the map if you are monitoring an NXDN or DMR system, if you're lucky enough to be monitoring such systems that send that info.

On top of that, some systems transmit LRRP data based upon whatever is in the vendor's P25/DMR/NXDN spec, but oftentimes there are third party options available for those types of systems to handle LRRP that will do things much differently.
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,930
Reaction score
6,483
Location
Suffolk County NY
Last edited:

tylerwatt12

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
147
Location
Cleveland
Works good here in NY and CT on Harris system.

Even shows one of their radios from the system @ Harris in Florida.

Pretty sure if ignore data calls is set to on, one may not get radios showing on map if system is using the feature.
Would love to have a tuner baseband recording of this. Metro-25/MTA MRRS, right?
 

RobDLG

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Mar 10, 2024
Messages
160
Reaction score
81
Location
USA
Google AI Overview claims "L3Harris utilizes a proprietary feature called In-Band GPS on its XL-Series Portable and Onboard Radios".

Upstream SDRTrunk handles "GPS BLOCKS" in LinkControlOpcode.java.
 

BenScan

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 12, 2001
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
411
Location
D/FW
Setting squelch for an analog NFM repeater does not seem intuitive to me. I'm having to hop between live and Manage | Channel Setup in the latest nightly. Is there any guidance or help anyone can offer on a good method for adjusting squelch? With the original SDRTrunk you could see the peak and adjust it visually. I'm not seeing a way to do that.
 

tylerwatt12

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
147
Location
Cleveland
Setting squelch for an analog NFM repeater does not seem intuitive to me. I'm having to hop between live and Manage | Channel Setup in the latest nightly. Is there any guidance or help anyone can offer on a good method for adjusting squelch? With the original SDRTrunk you could see the peak and adjust it visually. I'm not seeing a way to do that.
You are correct. That's what i'll be addressing in the next build.
 

BM82557

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
5,729
Reaction score
5,762
Location
Berkeley Co WV
I've noticed some talker aliases in white in the Source column of Listen Live, What does that signify?
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,930
Reaction score
6,483
Location
Suffolk County NY
Last activity was 6 days ago. Would hardly call it abandoned especially since author is asking for some recordings to possibly make things better.

Would love to have a tuner baseband recording of this. Metro-25/MTA MRRS, right?


@tylerwatt12 Going to try to get that for you over the weekend.
 

blueline_308

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
253
Reaction score
71
Location
Eastern, NC
I have been using the latest Nightly & really like it. The web interface is slick. The performance on the P25 P1&2 systems that I monitor is the best that I have experienced.

I look forward to the future of this. Thanks to the developer.
 

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
832
Location
Sunny SoCal
View attachment 206313


Unless you have an encryption key, its a feature you cant use.

And if one has a key, how would this work?


---
Note to RR Encryption PD: Before scolding, please note that having a key to test a feature is not the same as trying to decrypt something that is not known. Please keep badges, nameplates, multiple ID cards, vests and hardhats in the GO bag. Thanks!
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,930
Reaction score
6,483
Location
Suffolk County NY
Most likely same as the other programs that offer it. You would enter the key in the appropriate area within the application. Being that the feature does not seem to listed on GitHub, and because the program keeps evolving, maybe the part has not been added yet.

If you have a key, reach out to the author for directions.
 

noamlivne

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2012
Messages
250
Reaction score
95
And if one has a key, how would this work?


---
Note to RR Encryption PD: Before scolding, please note that having a key to test a feature is not the same as trying to decrypt something that is not known. Please keep badges, nameplates, multiple ID cards, vests and hardhats in the GO bag. Thanks!
Please look at these issues (not that they will give you a satisfying solution):
and
 

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
832
Location
Sunny SoCal
Please look at these issues (not that they will give you a satisfying solution):
and
Thanks for an actual answer to what I missed on the GitHub pages.

If Tyler isn't building anything, that is just fine with me. With the multitude of dumb questions and whines about his build(s), I did not want to pile on more. It was more a curious look than anything else.

And @tylerwatt12, your build is great, thank you for sharing this with the community.
 

tylerwatt12

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
147
Location
Cleveland
Thanks for the support guys!

Coming in the next nightly:

Screenshots
  • Fully web managed (Moved radioreference, channel, tuner management)
  • Map has been moved to web, but is completely untested
  • Streaming page has been ported, but is mostly untested
  • 3D P25 Activity Visualizer (mostly just eye candy to watch while you're listening)
  • Sitewide unified visual style, better mobile support
  • Managed recordings mode option (select between classic style recordings to preserve compatibility with TrunkingRecorder/3rd party apps, or turn on managed recordings which get stored in a database, indexed and searchable recorded call catalogs)
  • Recorded call transcription enrichment via 3rd party providers (speaches/OpenAI API compatible)
  • Remote linking (Remotely link other sdrtrunk-vce installs. Demodulated P25 bitstreams can be sent over network to a main host for processing, shows up in the dashboard and live tab. Remote site calls can be streamed, recorded, listened)
  • Retained statistics cleanup. A page for manual removal of inaccurate data. (Ideally we wouldn't need this, but it's an interim solution for removing bad data decoded by previous releases)
  • Report a problem tool from the web interface
  • Consolidation of pages and cleanup of menu structure (Manage tab will contain all the pages you recognize from the old "Playlist Editor")

This build will probably introduce a lot of bugs. I'm trying to fix the major ones and get out a release that has all the features I want, so then I can mainly focus on bug fixes afterward.
 

dom6vrr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 29, 2022
Messages
178
Reaction score
67
Location
Albany, NY
I have already notified Tyler, but I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

Running a P25 system on the latest nightly and everything is working great, however not every radio is being logged. I will go to a talkgroup that many different radios have been talking on and only see the dispatch RIDs that are 3 digits long. I can see the other RIDs in the activity tab but clicking on them does nothing. Also, under the system page where you can see all radios on the system, only radios that have a RID less than 8 digits are being shown, which for my system are only dispatchers and radios from another system. If it helps, when I go to radios under the system identities, it shows nothing.1791130658874.png

Anyone else have this issue and know how I can fix this so the radios are actually being logged and not ignored?
 
Top