SDS 200—Quick Keys, I'm overwhelmed

W2IRT

At the moment everything's working perfectly so I'm a bit hesitant to mess with it to be honest. For now I have the 200 essentially the way I want it. I'm just trying to ensure the SDS100 has the same programming as the SDS 200 (but with three extra FLQKs/etc for when I travel with it). I think that's OK now too.

W2IRT

@ProScan One question maybe you maybe could answer, though, is if it's possible to have two database files open simultaneously to either move or copy systems from one database file into the other. This for the 996p2 rather than either of my SDS radios.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
@ProScan One question maybe you maybe could answer, though, is if it's possible to have two database files open simultaneously to either move or copy systems from one database file into the other. This for the 996p2 rather than either of my SDS radios.

Yes. Are both the databases of the 996P2 type or is one the SDSx00 and the other the 996P2?
Do you want to copy or move systems? Copy is a couple of steps less then move.

W2IRT

I would like to be able to do any of the above; copy trunked groups from the 200 to 100, or the 200 to 996. I can't find a way to have two databases open at the same time.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Do you still have the FL folder with files that was causing a problem with the SQKs needing to be manually turned on? If so, can you zip up the whole folder containing the FLs and drag & drop it here. That way, I can write to the scanner with Sentinel and ProScan to see what's going on. It's more of a methodical troubleshooting approach to pinpoint the root cause.
I would do that so we can know the issues that were taking place.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would like to be able to do any of the above; copy trunked groups from the 200 to 100, or the 200 to 996. I can't find a way to have two databases open at the same time.

A couple of ways.
1. Import. Don't need two database files open. This method is easier.
Go to the Database import menu then click on Import then choose DMA (for the 996P2) or Sentinel hpd favorites and see if you can take it from there.

2. Copy & Paste /Drag & Drop. Works only from DMA to DMA or from SDSx00 to SDSx00 type of scanners.
Using multiple instances of ProScan. You may know this already, but just in case. Each instance of ProScan needs to be in a separate folders.
One instance using the SDS200 in one folder, another instance using the SDS100 in another folder, likewise with the 996P2, and 996XT.

Open the database in each instance then copy & paste or drag & drop the system, department/group, site, or channels from one instance to another.