SDS100/SDS200: SDS 200 No Longer Sees Computer to Program

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Suddenly my SDS 200 cannot be programmed. I tried using numerous Micro USB cables and the computer cannot see the scanner.
Is there a solution? Has anyone else had this problem?
Mike

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
What should I do? Has the SD card gone bad? I have had cards go bad before in these scanners.

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a card reader you can plug the SD into or a computer with a slot that will accept the SD card? You need to format it. Then run Sentinel and do a "Clear user data".

N9JIG

Sheriff
Be sure that you are connecting to the front USB-Micro connector on the SDS200, the rear one is non-functional.

Also make sure that you are pressing the Enter button to go into Mass Storage Mode when you plug in the cable.

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
Be sure that you are connecting to the front USB-Micro connector on the SDS200, the rear one is non-functional.

Also make sure that you are pressing the Enter button to go into Mass Storage Mode when you plug in the cable.
Good catch Rich.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Tried all the above, even used the another sd card from my bcd536. Cannot program. What does thar USB A port on the front of the sds200 do?
Mike

N9JIG

Sheriff
What does thar USB A port on the front of the sds200 do?
At this point it can provide USB power, I have charged my SDS100 from it.

Other than that nothing. There were supposedly plans for both the rear USB-Micro and front USB-A but so far nothing has developed and I don't know if anything will.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Well, I finally was able to program it by putting the sd card into my BCD 536, attaching it to the computer. The computer saw it, and using ARC Pro was able to program the card, placed it back in the SDS200, and was able to monitor the new frequencies.

Anyway, I am beginning to think the problem could lie with that Micro USB connecter on the radio.

Last edited:

llwade

Premium Subscriber
having same problem with my 200 as well. ( 2 ) sds200 side by side. computer cannot see the one on the left while the one on the right is just fine. changed cards, changed patch cord, and used laptop instead of tower. NO GO ! I am programing card on one of sds200, then swapping cards every time i make a change. real pain in the butt. If you can somehow make it work, please let me know how you did it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
having same problem with my 200 as well. ( 2 ) sds200 side by side. computer cannot see the one on the left while the one on the right is just fine. changed cards, changed patch cord, and used laptop instead of tower. NO GO ! I am programing card on one of sds200, then swapping cards every time i make a change. real pain in the butt. If you can somehow make it work, please let me know how you did it.
I would start with the Win File Explorer to troubleshoot this.
Does the scanner SD card show like in the first image? If it does then right click on it then choose Properties. Notice the Type, it needs to show USB Drive or Removable depending on the Windows version. If it looks good so far then double click it and it should show like the last image.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png