SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Newbie issues setting up for LTR system

TheRatio

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
So I've entered the info I'm attaching here in Sentinel. Currently I set LCN numbers to 0 because I was trying that... had them set to 1-19 as they're listed that wasn't giving me anything. Appreciate anyone who can take a look at this for me.

Trying to monitor this system

Data from Scanner

Not quite sure if I've gotten everything you'll need I tried looking at a couple other threads for the data sources being shared. Thanks for any suggestions in advance
Oh also the settings I'm working on are under the section labeled Action : Action Radio Champlin

tvengr

Well Known Member
You need the LCN's for the system to work properly. Please attach your favorites list so we can take a look at it to check for errors. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
So I've entered the info I'm attaching here in Sentinel. Currently I set LCN numbers to 0 because I was trying that... had them set to 1-19 as they're listed that wasn't giving me anything. Appreciate anyone who can take a look at this for me.

Trying to monitor this system

Data from Scanner

Not quite sure if I've gotten everything you'll need I tried looking at a couple other threads for the data sources being shared. Thanks for any suggestions in advance
Oh also the settings I'm working on are under the section labeled Action : Action Radio Champlin
One other thing to check:

It's possible that the system is no longer LTR. Looking at the license, back in 2015, a modification to the license was granted. The emission codes for both DMR & NXDN were added for each frequency. The last update (in the database) for the system in question was in 2010.

Here in my area, DFW Metro, just about all of the old LTR systems (that were of interest to me) have switched from LTR to either DMR or NXDN. (Most went DMR.)

Run the LCN finder on the LTR system. If you are not getting any LCNs found, then I would use the listed site frequencies to create both a DMR, as well as a NXDN system. Run the LCN Finder on each of these prospective systems & see if you now get radio traffic & LCNs being found. Set these two experimental systems to use ID Search, since the TGIDs for either of these modes would be in a different format than LTR talkgroups.

Do you have either the DMR or NXDN upgrades? If not, you might try listening to some of the site frequencies as if they were conventional (not trunked) frequencies. If, instead of hearing analog voice traffic, you are hearing bursts of reception in the form of a strong static, or buzzing, then they may well have switched to a digital mode; DMR & NXDN are both digital modes.

If you find that the system is now either DMR, or NXDN, no longer LTR, be sure & submit that information so that the database can be updated.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
From 3 years ago, might have changed since then.

TheRatio

Premium Subscriber
So I added it in as an NXDN as Steve suggested. For the time being put avoid on the LTR config I have while I'm running to check NXDN. Currently running it and not hearing much. Attaching the HPE file as well. I think next I'm going to run a waterfall on the Freq range and see what I see.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Enter the frequencies individual to monitor. See if you get any data or decoded traffic. You may find a control channel and RAN codes.

How has this system gone for you?