SDS200 Brand NEW With Display Issue

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
See the Picture. The SDS200 on the Right is BRAND NEW and just cloned from the one on the Left.
Display Colors SAY Identical in Sentinel but they are obviously NOT.
Any ideas anybody? How about Joe Bearcat?
Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• SDS200 Display.jpg
    SDS200 Display.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 206

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Not a display issue as you titled this, you used a different profile on Sentinel to clone it would appear. Read from scanner with the one on the left, make sure you save it, then Write to scanner to the other one. No issue, nothing to worry about.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Was just going to mention I had similar issues. I did not change the SD card, but ejected and reinserted the card. That solved my problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To prove (to the vendor) that it is a scanner problem. On both scanners, go into the Menu - Display Options - Customize - Set... then hit the E key then Set Text Color. See if both scanners look different.

IMG-1723.jpg

Last edited:

JimD56

Feed Provider
Hey Bob Thanks for chiming in. Yes the NEW SDS200 display is reduced in quality on the set color screen.
Specifically, the colors are run together and are not as crisp and separated as the old SDS200.
However, I just tweaked the colors and changed to a Red, Dark Orange, and Gold configuration, from a Dark Orange, Orange, and Gold config and now they match.

palmerjrusa

Hey Bob Thanks for chiming in. Yes the NEW SDS200 display is reduced in quality on the set color screen.
Specifically, the colors are run together and are not as crisp and separated as the old SDS200.
However, I just tweaked the colors and changed to a Red, Dark Orange, and Gold configuration, from a Dark Orange, Orange, and Gold config and now they match.

Be interested in seeing side by side comparison of the scanners' set text colors displays.

JimD56

Feed Provider
Look at the 2 Screen Pictures. They are labeled OLD and NEW. Specifically, look at the Gray, Yellow, and Green in the last row on both pics. Also, look at the CYAN, DARK BLUE, and BROWN in the second row. On the New SDS200, the color looks like CYAN, BLUE, and RED.

Attachments

• Color Screen New  SDS200.jpg
    Color Screen New SDS200.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 77
  • Color Screen Old SDS200.jpg
    Color Screen Old SDS200.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 75

palmerjrusa

Look at the 2 Screen Pictures. They are labeled OLD and NEW. Specifically, look at the Gray, Yellow, and Green in the last row on both pics. Also, look at the CYAN, DARK BLUE, and BROWN in the second row. On the New SDS200, the color looks like CYAN, BLUE, and RED.

I'd put his down to variation in the SDS200's screen components.

I recently bought another BCD436 (my other unit was purchased shortly after this model came on the market). The LED color values are markedly different.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
To prove (to the vendor) that it is a scanner problem. On both scanners, go into the Menu - Display Options - Customize - Set... then hit the E key then Set Text Color. See if both scanners look different.

View attachment 147305

Also, the receive sensitivity is definitely better than the older one when side by side same antenna. So, I'm keeping it and will deal with it. (y)

So if I understand this, you're unable to change the display via Sentinel, but it's working when you do this manually or is it just a contrast issue? I correct this in Sentinel under: Profile...Edit Profile..Display Opions...Dimmers (Lower Right Corner, and set them to 10%/40%/100%. Scanner defaults to a lower value when new.

As far as not being able to make display changes via Sentinel, are you using the supplied cable or an off market brand? If the display is not functioning as it should, and still able to return for another, might be better off going that route. Shouldn't have to go through all this with a brand new scanner.

JimD56

Feed Provider
So if I understand this, you're unable to change the display via Sentinel, but it's working when you do this manually or is it just a contrast issue? I correct this in Sentinel under: Profile...Edit Profile..Display Opions...Dimmers (Lower Right Corner, and set them to 10%/40%/100%. Scanner defaults to a lower value when new.

As far as not being able to make display changes via Sentinel, are you using the supplied cable or an off market brand? If the display is not functioning as it should, and still able to return for another, might be better off going that route. Shouldn't have to go through all this with a brand new scanner.
I have no problem changing colors and profiles and the USB cable that came with the SDS works just fine.
It is definitely a screen color LED variation which I am willing to live with. I'm keeping it. Very happy with receiving sensitivity.