SDS200 - LAN??

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
I have been able to view files via FTP, but I have been unable to transfer anything to the SDS200... Although I have seen videos of the Beta users doing so ...

Yea I can connect as well fails on upload like the card is locked so not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Even though the FTP does not require a password, it does require a username. I suspect the common "anonymous" username only grants read access to the SD Card. There is likely another user name that will put the scanner in mass storage mode for write access.

I was able to use the RH-536HP mkII version 0.02.17 application by just entering my SDS-200's IP address. I used VLC with the rtsp://your_scanner_ip_addr/au:scanner.au url to get audio. It works pretty good with just a small delay between the display and the audio. I have not tried the other functions of the RH-536HP application. Now I can work at the computer that is rooms away from my radio shack and still listen.

73 Eric

intermod

Proscan is set up with URL for metadata and URL for audio all through the front mounted LAN cable. Works great! URL audio is just like the 536 wifi dongle audio. Proscan shows an example just replace the ip with whatever the scanner IP is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From all the posts on RR, its still not clear how to control the SDS200 via my laptop, when both are connected to the same LAN (e.g., I have no USB connection to radio). I configured the SDS with a static LAN IP, etc. I see the audio at the laptop running Proscan 14.4 under Audio Control/Remote Scanner over IP. I then set Proscan "Remote Scanner over IP" as a client, enter the scanner's static IP and port, but I get no connection:

1550385364211.png

Is LAN control possible? Configuration issue?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
From all the posts on RR, its still not clear how to control the SDS200 via my laptop, when both are connected to the same LAN (e.g., I have no USB connection to radio). I configured the SDS with a static LAN IP, etc. I see the audio at the laptop running Proscan 14.4 under Audio Control/Remote Scanner over IP. I then set Proscan "Remote Scanner over IP" as a client, enter the scanner's static IP and port, but I get no connection:

View attachment 68731

Is LAN control possible? Configuration issue?
Yes, Yes

The RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) Client mode connects to ProScan running RSOIP in Server mode. If you intend to use RSOIP, before that, you want ProScan to communicate with the scanner.

To get ProScan communicating with the SDS200 LAN:
1. Insure the scanner type selected is SDS200.
2. Go to the Comm Port menu.
3. Change the Port setting to URL.
4. Click the URL Setup button.
5. Input the scanner IP address.
6. Click the Set button.

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
With version 14.4 it is so easy a 5th grader can do it.
I have a SDS100 on my desk connected to proscan
I have a SDS200 on my desk connected to proscan
I have 5 536's on my desk connected to proscan
I have 4 998P2's on my desk connected to proscan
I have 4 15x's on my desk connected to proscan
I have a 436 on my desk connected to proscan
I have 1 785D on my desk connected to proscan
All connected to the same computer logging traffic and recording audio.
Thanks to Bob and 14.4 all you have to do is click with a mouse for which scanner and connection and which audio ports.

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
With version 14.4 it is so easy a 5th grader can do it.
I have a SDS100 on my desk connected to proscan
I have a SDS200 on my desk connected to proscan
I have 5 536's on my desk connected to proscan
I have 4 998P2's on my desk connected to proscan
I have 4 15x's on my desk connected to proscan
I have a 436 on my desk connected to proscan
I have 1 785D on my desk connected to proscan
All connected to the same computer logging traffic and recording audio.
Thanks to Bob and 14.4 all you have to do is click with a mouse for which scanner and connection and which audio ports.

You need a smaller desk! :)

intermod

Yes, Yes

The RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) Client mode connects to ProScan running RSOIP in Server mode. If you intend to use RSOIP, before that, you want ProScan to communicate with the scanner.

To get ProScan communicating with the SDS200 LAN:
1. Insure the scanner type selected is SDS200.
2. Go to the Comm Port menu.
3. Change the Port setting to URL.
4. Click the URL Setup button.
5. Input the scanner IP address.
6. Click the Set button.

Success. Your description asked a key question, and it was the Comm Port Setting; I missed this in the 14.4 Manual:

"BCD536HP Wi-Fi Dongle Virtual Serial Port Setup
1. Go to the Menu --> Comm Port....."

Thanks for the quick response.

mancow

Database Admin
Hello,

Even though the FTP does not require a password, it does require a username. I suspect the common "anonymous" username only grants read access to the SD Card. There is likely another user name that will put the scanner in mass storage mode for write access.

I was able to use the RH-536HP mkII version 0.02.17 application by just entering my SDS-200's IP address. I used VLC with the rtsp://your_scanner_ip_addr/au:scanner.au url to get audio. It works pretty good with just a small delay between the display and the audio. I have not tried the other functions of the RH-536HP application. Now I can work at the computer that is rooms away from my radio shack and still listen.

73 Eric

Where can the RH-536HP mkII version 0.02.17 application be obtained? I did a google search but not finding it yet.

mancow

Database Admin
I can't get it to work. It just hangs when I hit OK after entering the IP.

EDIT: Never mind. It didn't like the search function and the IP had to be entered as just the IP not in the IP= format the search turned up.

intermod

Using RSoIP, can the SDS200 be in a different broadcast domain than the server, e.g., can the server connect directly to scanner directly via the internet?

intermod

As long as IT has it setup it should work BUT IT WILL HAVE TO GET INVOLVED

OK. I can view and control the scanner on the Server, but cannot get the audio. It did work fine with a LAN connection. Here is where we are at:

1550519228359.png

The Scanner .50 URL is a temporary router we installed (its WAN port connected to the server's LAN); the router's LAN port is connected to the SDS200 (192.168.1.69). This would appear to be a firewall issue...but we cannot find a list of any additional ports to open.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
OK. I can view and control the scanner on the Server, but cannot get the audio. It did work fine with a LAN connection. Here is where we are at:

View attachment 68807

The Scanner .50 URL is a temporary router we installed (its WAN port connected to the server's LAN); the router's LAN port is connected to the SDS200 (192.168.1.69). This would appear to be a firewall issue...but we cannot find a list of any additional ports to open.
Can you disable the firewall and NAT and simply route the traffic for testing?

If not can you post a screenshot of your port forwarding config?

intermod

Audio address matches the Serial Connection address.

belvdr: Not sure how to just route, but I have simulated a DMZ for TCP and UDP (I think) shown in the highlighted items of the Mikrotik:

1550525335769.png
The blacked out port numbers are simply exception to allow me to maintain a admin connection to the router.

The only two ports that I saw activity on while sniffing are listed in the rules just below the DMZ rules.

Still not working with the DMZ config. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1550525280946.png
    1550525280946.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.