SDS200 Not Savings Settings When Powered Off

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
so the Chief will have to accept the fact that he has to power off his scanner manually to save his changes.

What puzzles me is that there's another chief's car with an SDS200 wired the
same way and that scanner doesn't have this problem.

Still does not explain why one 200 does this and the other 200 does not. Are they both wired the same way? Mine came with both a 3 wire harness and a cigarette lighter plug.

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
Can you swap scanners for a test? That should give you a better ideal if it's wiring or scanner problem. You may find a miswire after all.
I like the idea of swapping scanners but the timing of both cars being available at the same time for the time it will take me
to get them out of the console, test them and put them back the way I found them sounds easier than it will be.

If I can do that I'll let you know what I found.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
I like the idea of swapping scanners but the timing of both cars being available at the same time for the time it will take me
to get them out of the console, test them and put them back the way I found them sounds easier than it will be.

If I can do that I'll let you know what I found.
Before going through the work to swap scanners, have you first verified that the sds200 in the 2nd Chief’s car actually saves the settings when turned off with the ignition? Have you observed this, or simply taking his word for it?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Before going through the work to swap scanners, have you first verified that the sds200 in the 2nd Chief’s car actually saves the settings when turned off with the ignition? Have you observed this, or simply taking his word for it?
Agree. It’s not happening. Maybe he turns it off by knob when he goes through drive-thru and then settings get saved at that point.