SDS200 Not staying on Control Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt725

Premium Subscriber
I am having a problem with the 200 where it will not stay locked on the control channel of a trunked system (OKWIN). I have the system locked on 1 site and there is only 1 control channel listed in the frequency table of the site. The RSSI indicator show receiving for about .5 sec and then blank for about 1.5 sec. As a result I miss the first few words of most conversations. I have verified that all the priority channels are disabled. The problem does not happen while receiving on a traffic channel, only when on the control channel.

Also when I press FNC -> MOD it shows "NFM V+1". I know what the NFM is but what is the V+1?

Thanks

Walt

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A fluctuating signal strength meter, even to no bars showing, can be normal behavior. However, typically it blanks out briefly and is visible more than it is not. This is attributed to "internal housekeeping",

Any chance you might be right at the very edge of system coverage, and/or something obstructing your signal?

Walt725

Premium Subscriber
Full bars and shows -94dBm when decoding the control channel. I have a 396 that is attached to Broadcastify and never had this problem.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I am having a problem with the 200 where it will not stay locked on the control channel of a trunked system (OKWIN). I have the system locked on 1 site and there is only 1 control channel listed in the frequency table of the site. The RSSI indicator show receiving for about .5 sec and then blank for about 1.5 sec. As a result I miss the first few words of most conversations. I have verified that all the priority channels are disabled. The problem does not happen while receiving on a traffic channel, only when on the control channel.

Also when I press FNC -> MOD it shows "NFM V+1". I know what the NFM is but what is the V+1?

Thanks

Walt
V+1 means you have Volumr set with a +1 gain for that channel

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mkt853

The work around to this housekeeping problem on trunked systems would seem to be to clone any system you might want to hold on, max out the system hold time, and put it in its own favorites list so you're effectively holding on the system without explicitly holding on it. It's not ideal, but it's better than the suggestion to go buy a commercial radio. Why Uniden couldn't implement a software fix for this use case I don't know. Clearly the housekeeping isn't critical if we're able to defer it for 4 minutes using a simple system setting. I keep my scan and hold times short, but when I hear something interesting I hit one of the hold buttons, and I've noticed missing transmissions as well.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
The work around to this housekeeping problem on trunked systems would seem to be to clone any system you might want to hold on, max out the system hold time, and put it in its own favorites list so you're effectively holding on the system without explicitly holding on it. It's not ideal, but it's better than the suggestion to go buy a commercial radio. Why Uniden couldn't implement a software fix for this use case I don't know. Clearly the housekeeping isn't critical if we're able to defer it for 4 minutes using a simple system setting. I keep my scan and hold times short, but when I hear something interesting I hit one of the hold buttons, and I've noticed missing transmissions as well.
You nailed it. There needs to be a cloned system with a long hold time for those cases where you want to park on a system and hear everything. It's annoying but at least there is a workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.