Sds200 programming for Essex County NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
You need to add it, trust me even though I'm newer here. It'll make a world of difference. I originally had mine programmed when I bought it, but have since done my own, added/deleted stuff I want to listen to.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Guys good afternoon can not put sentinel on computer help
Before I go enjoy a nice cup of clean water, did you do anything to help your self fix the issue, like use the search box on the top of the page and search cant install Sentinel? Or anything even remotely close to that?

Without stating any info its real difficult for anyone to provide you any assistance without having to ask a ton of questions. So please study 1 thru 4 and be prepared to answer.

1 What version of Sentinel did you download?
2 What version of Windows are you running?
3 Do you know how to install .net components?
4 What is it saying is the reason it will not install?

Is the radio that bad
Seeing that you can't get Sentinel to install, I would venture to say there is nothing wrong with the radio.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Back to your original question... You may be too far from Newark to receive their fire dept. While Newark fire is on the New Jersey state system, the only sites (towers) that transmit Newark fire are those towers that have "affiliated" (joined to) with Newark fire radios. They would all likely be within or right next to the city of Newark.

The other possibility is your radio came setup by Scanner Master with location control turned on and a relatively small "range" set.

Were I you, I would call whoever set your radio up and discuss the issues with them. If they are near you, you may even wish to drive to their store and bring your radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.