ProScan: SDS200 - Unit ID Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad8g

In My BN Era
Feed Provider
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
46
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm new to both the SDS200 and ProScan, so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious. I've gathered a bunch of unit IDs and given them tags in ProScan. I then import them into my favorites list (I only have 1), I can see them listed there. I then FTP the favorites list into the scanner, no errors. When I look at the favorites list in the scanner, the unit ID list is empty (the only option is "New ID").

The scanner also does not display the unit ID tags that I've set up, even though I changed the display to show "Unit ID Name"....

I think the problem is that the unit IDs are not getting loaded into the scanner in the first place - what am I doing wrong?
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
5,298
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Is this on a trunking system?
It works for me when I do a FTP Scanner Write.
When a system is written to the scanner, everything in the system is written to the scanner.

In the 1st image, the Unit IDs in the Favorites list. should appear like this. Just making sure we're on the right page.

Untitled.png

This image is showing "Edit Unit IDs". Just making sure were on the same page.
1684038038060.png

Click the Edit Unit IDs. See if you see the UIDs like in this image.
1684038096771.png
 
Last edited:

ad8g

In My BN Era
Feed Provider
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
46
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
I had screenshots and a whole step-by-step ready to post, and then I figured it out! I'll document it here for anyone else this might happen to.

I had enabled the options to prepend the % and i characters. I was confused about their purpose because I missed the part in the documentation that states those don't apply to Uniden scanners.

Unchecking those prepend options and reloading the favorites list fixed the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to assist on this!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top